Warning. You may see one of these.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

The inevitable happened this evening. Driving along on a slow 'B' Road, I rounded a sharp left hand bend to be confronted by a (apologies for this) Range Rover Evoque - CABRIOLET....

I couldn't, not see it, being the brightest shade of copper since copper was discovered by East End Gangs looking for a nickname for the Police.

As soon as my eyes spotted the vacant space where the roof should be, I was in trouble. I tried desperately to shield my view from the horror that was before me. But no, it cannot be unseen.

Tonight I have had both my eyeballs surgically removed. I shall have the images ground out from behind my retina. The doctors tell me it could take months and even then, I may never fully recover my heavily damaged 'gag reflex'.

I have a lasting vision of his thing flying over hills, humps and high kerbs, with the occupants being spat out through the hole that was the roof.

Bernie & Leepu must have had a hand in the design of this monstrosity. The only other explanation being that it had just exited from under the other side of a flat bed trailer. But the Lady driver not appear to be in shock.

So they are out there now in full public view and no advance warning. You are driving along and BOOM!! It's there in front of your eyes.

Stay Safe - Stay indoors.

Ive seen a few. Looks odd.

I certainly couldn’t drive one with the roof down, but then again the same is true for any car.

I'll make sure I look away. So bad that it makes Chrysler's convertible PT Cruiser look svelte

RR_Evoque_Convertible_ext_dynamic-9-e1458666768798.jpg

I wonder if the original Defender soft top and Jeep Willys received the same resistance when launched?

I'll make sure I look away. So bad that it makes Chrysler's convertible PT Cruiser look svelte

The car in the pic is the same colour as the one I saw. In the flesh it is really bright. But it does look odd.

Willy’s Jeep. Love them. My neighbour owns and drives an original. It has a canvas top and manual wipers. I’ve never seen him use either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The road test starts at around 9' 30" in. I was chuckling at an American complaining about cheap plastics in the interior :p

Last edited:
That has to be the result of a marketing "focus group" No single person could have committed such a crime on their own.

Beckhamtastic: here's the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like them.... But I've my own opinion and really don't give a damn what others think.
I'd roll one any time and be proud to have achieved a stature in my life to be able to afford one.

I remember the day I bought a £120 morris marina.... Once you forget where you've come from you've lost,unless you were born with the proverbial silver spoon.

I really hate threads like this, it makes people sound snobby and elitist.

I like them.... But I've my own opinion and really don't give a damn what others think.
I'd roll one any time and be proud to have achieved a stature in my life to be able to afford one.

I remember the day I bought a £120 morris marina.... Once you forget where you've come from you've lost,unless you were born with the proverbial silver spoon.

I’d say I agree, but I’m better than that.

So you like everything you see just in case you appear snobby and elitist? Come on, get real here. Are you seriously saying that you never have an opinion just in case it upsets somebody else?

I saw it and thought it looked awful. Am I supposed to lie and say ooh look what great looking car? Or maybe say nothing and have no opinion.

It is a “forum” where opinions are there to be debated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not fussed how much money someone has.

They look mar

im sure they achieved a very good lease arrangement in that colour!

No I don't like everything.
But I feel it's best to keep my opinions to myself if they are negative just for negative sake.
The owners of cars you dislike would be hurt and offended by your public opinions, as you and I would be if someone said as much about our cars.

Taste is a personal choice I admit, but to go to such an extent of ridicule is unnecessary.

I don't just drive a Mercedes, I drive other marques, as others do.

I personally think because this is a Mercedes forum this thread has a snobby and eletist tang.

It reminds me of all the 'barry boy' threads on the Internet.... It's like people were never 17 on a yts scheme!

How the memory fades.

And yes, it's only my opinion

No I don't like everything.
But I feel it's best to keep my opinions to myself if they are negative just for negative sake.
The owners of cars you dislike would be hurt and offended by your public opinions, as you and I would be if someone said as much about our cars.

Taste is a personal choice I admit, but to go to such an extent of ridicule is unnecessary.

I don't just drive a Mercedes, I drive other marques, as others do.

I personally think because this is a Mercedes forum this thread has a snobby and eletist tang.

It reminds me of all the 'barry boy' threads on the Internet.... It's like people were never 17 on a yts scheme!

How the memory fades.

And yes, it's only my opinion
I think you are reading too much into this tbh.

It’s just poking a bit of fun, nothing personal.

You don’t own an orange Range Rover by any chance?!:)

No I don't, they're aren't the kind of thing I'd buy, but neither are sporty 4 door salons or coupès.

But because it's not a mercedes it's up for ridicule to an extreme extent.

I just think it's wrong to do that.... Yes so it's not for certain people, I get that, but neither is an A class or an R class or God forbid a cla!!

Just Because we drive Mercedes which is a top end marque I don't agree with looking down on other vehicles in a derogatory light.

No I don't, they're aren't the kind of thing I'd buy, but neither are sporty 4 door salons or coupès.

But because it's not a mercedes it's up for ridicule to an extreme extent.

I just think it's wrong to do that.... Yes so it's not for certain people, I get that, but neither is an A class or an R class or God forbid a cla!!

Just Because we drive Mercedes which is a top end marque I don't agree with looking down on other vehicles in a derogatory light.
You’re like a dog with a bone!!!

(Meant in the nicest way, not derogatory, at all.)

I'll make sure I look away.

Orange and everything orangish/coperish I really like, but convertible “SUV” is, I mean, really!?
But that car is all about snobbism and elitism, how else you can explain such a lovely colour on a roofles SUV. It can’t be unnoticed where ever it is, that’s for sure.

I think the only way that converible will kinda look good is if its parked on the other side of an articulated lorry trailer and you can only see the bottom 1/3 of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom