Warranties - Tier 1?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
Hi All,

I am thinking of getting a warranty on my S211 E55 Estate (2004 with 43K miles). I haven't had my car very long as I only bought it in May, it came with a 6 month warranty from an indepenent dealer, so now coming to it's end. What are your thoughts and recommendations?

Just got a quote from Merc for a Tier 1 at £1119, seems pretty steep but if it's the best I will go for it. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences?

Cheers.

im renewing mine at the end of the month tier 1 it will be! :)

I have tier 1, would not be without it, I can't tell you how much money it has saved me over the past few weeks!!!

Tier 1 is probably one of the best warranties you can get ... basically the same as the new car warranty. Not cheap, but gives real peace of mind.

Thanks Guys - Sounds like I shouldn't bother looking elsewhere.

I take it there is just a fixed price for the Tier 1, by that I mean will you all have to pay the same as I have been quoted for the E55, or is it cheaper on renewal?

I had it on my SL as an 'Approved Used', didn't renew so no idea on the cost of that I'm afraid.

I have had Tier 1 for the past 2 years, first year, £1100, last year and current was about £900, dont ask me why it got cheaper! on the first year, ended up with a whole new engine, now thats why the tier 1 warrenty is worth it!, (net value of claim, £23.5K), since then my cars been in on three occassions for electrical faults, but I would consider this warrenty money well spent, at least you have not got to have a financial heart attack every time the car goes wrong.

Last edited:
I have had Tier 1 for the past 2 years, first year, £1100, last year and current was about £900, dont ask me why it got cheaper! on the first year, ended up with a whole new engine, now thats why the tier 1 warrenty is worth it!, (net value of claim, £23.5K), since then my cars been in on three occassions for electrical faults, but I would consider this warrenty money well spent, at least you have not got to have a financial heart attact every time the car goes wrong.

Sounds like it is definitely worth it!

I'm going to go for it, ok £1119 seems a lot of money but if anything does go wrong with these cars it is going to cost big money! Also if it gets a little cheaper in the following years it will help a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom