Warranty Claim - Please Help (2013 E-Class Coupe)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayla

Car
E-Class Coupe E220 AMG
Hi all.

I have a facelift late 2013 E-Class Coupe E220 diesel in the UK.

There are three faults I am currently aware of but would like to understand if there is other work I should be asking to be fixed under warranty.

Main faults:

1) Distance Warning will alarm on the motorway almost constantly whenever I pass a vehicle to the lane left of me, even if no vehicles are in front of the car. I believe there is a service bulletin to fix this

2) Parking Sensors: when switching on the car the parking sensors will either work normally or not at all; no lights are visible on the units when it is not working. Switching off the car, removing the key and switching the car on again may make it work, but generally doesn't. It seems random

3) USB port seems fidgety and doesn't always power to charge my iPhone.

Does anybody know of any other common faults on this model of E-Class Coupe? The car goes in on Wednesday and I figure it would be better to get anything possible fixed. The warranty expires early October, so I am very keen to get anything at all fixed ASAP.

Many thanks,
Jay.

Last edited:
Mine is in on Wednesday to have the Distronic control unit replaced, they thought it was the radar sensor that was causing intermitant working but seems it is the control unit, not exactly the same symptoms but may be either the radar sensor or control unit, i know they have to calibrate afterwards so you may need a bit of both. Mine was sometimes fixed by switching off and on again for that journey.

Hi Oxon.

That's interesting, thanks. Mine goes in tomorrow for diagnosis on a few items. I was wondering whether it is normal to ask for other items to be updated?

ie: Maps, any ECU updates, etc?

100% make sure you get your ECU/ Gearbox Command unit and Maps updated. Particularly important as this will be your last free year of command/maps update.

ECU, parking sensor module and distance warning module software updates appear to have resolved the issues. The distance warning does sound activate, but rather than beeping fervently now just emits a warning light in, what I would consider to be, correct situations.

Not sure what else was updated, due to the ridiculous length of the department software report, which is quite cryptic. Have decided to call towards the end of September and ask for any relevant remaining software to be updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom