Was pleasant surprise at stealer's, not any more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Kerr

Car
BMW 5 series / 1961 Jaguar E-Type
After feeling I was getting a good deal at MB Worcester see other post, the dealer phoned Me on Friday and left a message on my answer phone, he said his manager reminded him that Glasses only supply a price for the auto C220 and not the manual. So the £17.5K he had said he was going to give me is now only £16K.
I think this a load of b****ks, I would rather he came out and said its an import and we are taking our cut now.
I was in Coventry today and called in on MB of Coventry, the story goes from bad to worse, the salesman priced me up a car, C220CDI avantgarde with sports pack in manual and split rear seats, the cost a whooping £27.2 K but at least he was straight with me. He would knock £2.5K off for importing it myself, that is a big no no, then another £1K for having the gaul to have a manual, so if I bought a car from stock not to my spec but with auto he would give me £13K, if I waited until May for the car I want then it would be £12K, obviously i placed the order straight away, did I nuts I walked out.

I have just received a quote from the dealer I bought mine from in Holland, as above with APS 50 navigation which includes telephone prewiring, phone cradle, roof aerial, heated screen wash, headlamp wash, rain sensor, tyre pressure warning indicator, bi xenons, sports pack, metallic paint , avantgarde so on and so on, for £25K inc VAT.
You have to ask the question are we being taken for mugs or what, if anyone has any doubts about the above i will gladly let them have the quote or the email address of Baan Mercedes in Hengelo, NL.
I thinks it fairly obvious where my next car is coming from.

Dave

Dave,

I am just wondering, the car is only a couple of years old with loads of life left in it. Seeing as you are going to go for the same model again, why not just keep your current car for a couple more years and save thousands of pounds? you could put the money saved towards a really nice holiday or something.

I have to say, buying another new 220 makes absolutely no sense to me.

If your going to be going for a import again, your going to have to sell your car privately. Why not see what deals UK dealers can do without your part Exchange.
Have a look at these sites to give you a start on what is possible discount wise from UK dealers www.autobytel.co.uk www.autoebid.com

Good Luck - Let Us know how you get on ;)

Edit - Have you not thought about the SE pack which includes Metallic paint along with other things - Do the Dutch dealers do the SE pack ?

Last edited:
I was reading in Mercedes News (01 2005) that for C Class, you can get 2 Free Upgrades:

1. any upgrade pack (eg.. from Classic to Avantgarde SE)
2. engine upgrade (a C270CDi for a C220CDi)

Did the Coventry dealer offer you the same deal?

But must be registered by 31 Mar 05 and car from stock. May be worth giving London dealers a call ...

Dave Kerr said:
After feeling I was getting a good deal at MB Worcester see other post, the dealer phoned Me on Friday and left a message on my answer phone, he said his manager reminded him that Glasses only supply a price for the auto C220 and not the manual. So the £17.5K he had said he was going to give me is now only £16K.
I think this a load of b****ks, I would rather he came out and said its an import and we are taking our cut now.
I was in Coventry today and called in on MB of Coventry, the story goes from bad to worse, the salesman priced me up a car, C220CDI avantgarde with sports pack in manual and split rear seats, the cost a whooping £27.2 K but at least he was straight with me. He would knock £2.5K off for importing it myself, that is a big no no, then another £1K for having the gaul to have a manual, so if I bought a car from stock not to my spec but with auto he would give me £13K, if I waited until May for the car I want then it would be £12K, obviously i placed the order straight away, did I nuts I walked out.

I have just received a quote from the dealer I bought mine from in Holland, as above with APS 50 navigation which includes telephone prewiring, phone cradle, roof aerial, heated screen wash, headlamp wash, rain sensor, tyre pressure warning indicator, bi xenons, sports pack, metallic paint , avantgarde so on and so on, for £25K inc VAT.
You have to ask the question are we being taken for mugs or what, if anyone has any doubts about the above i will gladly let them have the quote or the email address of Baan Mercedes in Hengelo, NL.
I thinks it fairly obvious where my next car is coming from.

Dave

C240Sport97 said:
I was reading in Mercedes News (01 2005) that for C Class, you can get 2 Free Upgrades:

1. any upgrade pack (eg.. from Classic to Avantgarde SE)
2. engine upgrade (a C270CDi for a C220CDi)

Did the Coventry dealer offer you the same deal?

But must be registered by 31 Mar 05 and car from stock. May be worth giving London dealers a call ...

The reason I want to change my car is I have had a promotion at work and instead of having a company car I went for the money option, if I don't buy a car the money will be used up by my wife for something else.

The two dealers I went to offered me the upgrade package and free engine upgrade as you mentioned I had to have a car from stock. The only one that came near what I wanted was a C220 but with auto and no split rear seats.
If I chose not to have the engine upgrade then I could have larger discount but on a car I don't really want.
Btw, Coventry MB only gave me 5% discount, I thought it was generally around 9% or do you have to haggle a bit more?

Dave

but they get 10% on all the extra bits you get to tart them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom