Wash and wax V sunny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
So I was itching to wash my car today, but it was sat smack in the Sun.
So did panel by panel with my mitt and drying rag.
Used a different car shampoo from my normal Megquars gold wash.
And went for this 2 quid cheaper wash and wax.
And it a thumbs up from me:thumb:
Dried off without any streaking. Can only give simoniz a big yes:p

Got a bit carried away on lager :D

I was a frame Gove honestly :rock:

Last edited:
Washed Mrs Baxlin's dark coloured Skoda this morning in bright sunlight, and as we live in a hard water area, I had to dry each panel as I went along. It still had a few streaks/water marks, so I went over it quickly with Megs' Last Touch to get rid of them. I must say though that the car is regularly polished and glazed, so it has a good base for a quick 'maintenance wash'!

I gave my E Class and the Mrs' SL a wash in direct sunlight yesterday.

I try and keep the car from drying by frequently rinsing with the hose but you can see water marks appear. Fortunately they seem to wipe off fairly easily with the drying towel. Not sure if that's the shampoo I'm using or not but came out looking gleaming.

At least your car is silver...try cleaning a dark car in the sun.

I tried Sonax in the sun (first time)...what a mess.

Used Autoglym...worked wonderfully.

Yeah silver is far more forgiving although the dark glass on the SL does show up up the water marks badly if you're not careful. Dark cars are hard work in many detailing respects.

Waxing, polishing etc. can be made so much harder in direct sun as well. Caked on wax is a b**ger to get off.

If you want to be able to wash a car (especially a dark one) in direct sunshine then get a DI Vessel.

I washed Angie's Obsidian Black SLK in full sun at around noon on Saturday and rinsed it as I went with a hose fed through a DI Vessel and there were no watermarks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

172fc74018e6d62e556a74bbf10896ed.jpg

This looks like it's just parked up and started peeping on you..

Never clean your car in direct sunlight . Night time after tea is the best time to wash and polish them .Most polishes are petrol based . Find a place in the shade to do both .

172fc74018e6d62e556a74bbf10896ed.jpg

This looks like it's just parked up and started peeping on you..

Christine

Spookiest car film i ever seen along with Duel :eek:

Who remembers Condor Man? That's me (",)

For a laugh :D

I'm with st13phil - get a Water Filter/DI vessel.

I washed our CLK on Sunday which sits in the shade and parked it over the road to dry off. Which it did in 2 hours, leaving no water spots. Saves me loads of time. And gets lots of brownie points.

Refillable 0ppm Water Filter (7 litre) RG-Filter-7L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom