Watch Servicing & Repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShinyF1

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 Audi S5 Cab, 2000 E320 CDI Estate [now gone] , 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible
I have a 16 year old Omega Seamaster that I was thinking was probably due a service, and yesterday the bracelet broke, ie one link fell out. I didn't manage to retrieve all the bits. Once I got home from work, more links had come loose, as you can see in the photo.

My last service was done by a chap recommended on here http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1232780-post14.html, but I cannot contact him - website down, and unanswered emails/phonecalls.

Can anyone recommend a repairer?

Many thanks

Sean

Attachments

• Seamaster.jpg
    Seamaster.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 39
Not sure where you are based but Guess Jewellers in surbiton do my omega , my submariner and my Gucci chrono.

Ask for Lawrence , he's breitling and Rolex trained and a super chap.

Guess & Co Jewellers
24a Victoria Rd, Surbiton, Surrey KT6 4LD
020 8399 5400

Not sure where you are based but Guess Jewellers on surbiton high street do my omega , my submariner and my Gucci chrono.

I'm in Wandsworth - not too far away

If the watch is keeping good time I wouldn't bother with a service - as for a repair, look for a "back street" jeweller's workshop - the kind of place where you ring a bell and they unlock the door.

Probably more of these near the East End - but they are probably where the West End jewellers send stuff to……….

Surely you can repair that strap yourself, its very easy.

Made easier still if you buy a watch toolkit off ebay for a fiver.

Ryte Time - Stephen Burrage comes very highly recommended. If you google you'll see him mentioned in various watch forums.

I've used him for many years now and referred several friends and colleagues to him - everyone has been delighted. He is very reasonable on price and just the meticulous kind of guy you want working on your watch.

He's not local to me but I mail the watches to him in Leicester - admittedly it was a leap of faith first time around but I'm used to it now! It's exactly what many highstreet outfits do anyway, you just cut out a pricey middleman.

I have always sent mine back to Omega ( mine is one of the f300 range with the ESA movement very similar to the Bulova Accutron and few others will service them - or are competent to do so ) .

Omega have a UK service centre in Southampton ( in Swatch premises as they are connected ) and this is where I have always sent mine . While they are noted for being very slow ( a few months turnaround - perhaps just for my type of watch ) they do a good job .

For a great many years they had a flat rate of £150 for a service but recently ( within the last 10 years ) that price went up to £400 . Still cheap compared to Rolex servicing though .

Sent my sea master pro back for its first service , was gone for 6 weeks , never again. Felt naked without it.

Always to my Indy now , just like the car. Better service for less money. My Indy Laurence is the Olly of the watch world lol :)

Charter Court
Third Avenue
Millbrook
Southampton
Hants
SO15 OJA

OMEGA Customer care department 0845 8990086

or email [email protected]

send you a box all recorded delivery and insured

Sent my sea master pro back for its first service , was gone for 6 weeks , never again. Felt naked without it.

Always to my Indy now , just like the car. Better service for less money. My Indy Laurence is the Olly of the watch world lol :)

My Breitling SuperOcean goes back to Breitling every 3yrs and is away for 12 weeks. I don't think an independent would have the facilities to do the chronograph recertification and certainly not the pressure testing to 1500m!

My Seamaster is only good to 300m , so I wouldn't know.

Last time you were swimming at 4500 ft , was it working ok ?

My Seamaster is only good to 300m , so I wouldn't know.

Last time you were swimming at 4500 ft , was it working ok ?

Don't recall TBH, the pain behind my eyes distracted me...

The last I heard is that he was doing 'time' for switching peoples watches with fakes and selling the real ones !!!

That's shocking. Do you have a link or info? I can't find anything related to him. He advertised in the Spectator for years, so if he has been up to naughtiness it could be considerable.

I always send mine back to the manufacturer. They all take about 6-10 weeks to be returned but its a good excuse to have more than one watch surely???

Who ever said if it is keeping good time dont bother having it serviced has a point. But they also give the watch a make over whilst they have it, cleaning up the case and strap and removing a lot of teh wear and tear light scratches.

J.

Surely you can repair that strap yourself, its very easy.

Made easier still if you buy a watch toolkit off ebay for a fiver.

Neither my dexterity or my patience is up to it...

Not sure where you are based but Guess Jewellers in surbiton do my omega , my submariner and my Gucci chrono.

Guess & Co Jewellers
24a Victoria Rd, Surbiton, Surrey KT6 4LD
020 8399 5400

I can second that he did the last service on my Seamaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom