Waxstock 24th july 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam09

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350cdi coupe sport obs black
Hi guys, after recently paying to have my car clayed, machine polished and then sealed I now have the itch to start detailing myself! ( I have a small collection of products already but I only ever snow foam n shampoo myself).Ive been on dw a lot recently and come across wax-stock 2016!

Anyone attending or have attended before and

which products are you looking to buy?

I haven't come across this one before so thank-you for publicising it, I'll definitely be going.

Derek.

Maybe This Forum could ask for a day at some where like http://www.meguiars.co.uk/ here they show you how to use their products first hand, of course they like you to buy their stuff but it may save you money in the long run as you won't have 100s of products you don't need. Just a thought and they often pick one or two cars out so if your lucky your have a nice shine bonnet...

I heard of Waxstock through another car club...

Where About's are you from? Close to Derby??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I saw this thread earlier.

There was a local company near me had a stall there. They go by the name of wowo's. They are based in Johnstone, just outside Glasgow.

All the products are hand made, I can't recommend them highly enough, some of their products have started getting reviews on detailing world.

https://www.wowos.co.uk/mobile/

Yep I did visit their stand however their qd's which have been getting good reviews were not discounted :( but I did spend over £200 on other things

I visited Waxstock on Sunday and it was a really good day out. The venue was excellent with free and plentiful parking right alongside and I joined quite a queue to get in at opening time. I don't know whether I learned anything but it was nice to see the displays and see other peoples techniques. Some of the cars in the hall I'd be concerned to take on the road because they were so good, and it was entertaining to figure out how the 'shaved bay' cars managed to work with so little showing under the bonnet.One thing that Waxstock confirmed was that there are a lot of suppliers selling the same range of products in differently marked containers, and all claiming to be the best on the market. Like most other detailers I've graduated to a range of items that I know will work and I no longer buy new products to see if they outshine what I already use. I only saw one stand, Linntec selling 'Stoner Invisible Glass' which I cannot find anything to equal it, and no-one was selling 'Great Lion' metal polish which is a Dutch made cleaner that puts a shine on aluminium like I've never seen.
Will I go to Waxstock next year, definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom