Ways to play iPod through stereo on 2012 c class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shakeywakey

Car
C250 cdi coupe
Hello,

This is probably a question that's been asked befor but what do I have to do to play my iPod/iPhone through my stereo? I know you can do it via blue tooth and aux input. But is there a way I can get it through the stereo so I can choose songs and what not through there?

I have a 2012 c250 coupe with everything bar full command. I have recently bought a Becker nav unit to fit.

Thanks a lot .

You need to have the multi media cables that came as an optional extra. They plug into a socket at the bottom of the arm rest box along with USB input.

I have a USB Input and a aux in my arm rest, is there a cable that links them to together and goes Into my phone then? Will this allow me to control my phone through my stereo?

Thanks.

After looking on eBay, there seems to be lots of cables that have a multi pin long thin plug and a iPod one on the other end. My dad's 125 edition coupe has this plug in the arm rest, but mine only has a aux Input and a USB input...

Can anyone link me to the cable I need for mine please.

Thanks a lot.

If you haven't got the multi plug pin slot in your armrest your car never had multi media kit fitted so cable won't be any good to you.

You can only use a auxiliary lead, I believe. Male to male, connecting the aux socket in the armrest to the headphone output from the device. No steering wheel controls this way and the volume will be compromised. If you want any more (volume or control) there are things that can be done (e.g. retrofit iPod module, Media module- if your unit is compliant, Denison Gateway for volume only, put different head unit in, etc etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom