Web links lurking on your car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
Today, whilst I was pumping up my tyres at the garage, and looking at the recommended pressures on the inner fuel flap, I noticed this QR code, which when input returned an interesting set of diagrams, that I'd not seen before, nor, afaik, direct from the manual (if it is the case mea culpa), mostly non-engine, mechanical systems.
1d8906f9af8e956668dfc53cf864eb89.jpg

The URL formatting is of interest too.
S-Class Sedan model 222

Interested and to widen the potential interest of this post, I played around to see if I could get another model, eg W213, and voila after a couple seconds
E-Class Wagon model 213
698edee4bc3523e64bded4896fc587d4.jpg
Makes me wonder what other info is obtainable from this webserver. MB isn't exactly forthcoming with certain electronic features - for example, owners can save POIs from the car, upload 3rd pay ones to the car, but the details of formats and POI icons are restricted and not well known. I've found a few things out by trial and error and I'm near to getting full control of the satnav as is possible for a non-MB employee or without STAR or other management systems.

Back to the OP, any other interesting web links you've discovered on (or off) your car?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I imagine that QR code is for fire and rescue crew - battery isolation and airbags to avoid when cutting. Interesting, cheers

I imagine that QR code is for fire and rescue crew - battery isolation and airbags to avoid when cutting. Interesting, cheers
That's exactly what it's for. There's a reference to it in the manual somewhere...

Just looking through the file on my W212 E Class. My last service included an autobox oil & filter change.
On the list of things carried out was ' QR Warranty code stickers to be attached to the fuel-flap and B-Pillar 2190700 QR CODE C0DE3 SMA- Without CC '
Perhaps this is yet another way to check if the autobox had been serviced??.

That's exactly what it's for. There's a reference to it in the manual somewhere...

They are also retro fitted, foc, on older cars when they visit main dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom