Website feedback from the forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks good and a easy read, would be nice to see a photo of the fleet :)

Nice web site looks classy and well laid out,I nearly booked a car and I have no need of one.

My thoughts too-- folks might want to see the vehicles-- exterior and interior they might travel in. I could see this as possibly important for the wedding market for example.

A very classy, well laid out home page. Great idea to offer female chauffeurs for clients.

As Merc85 mentioned. It'd be nice to see the cars on offer but I'm sure you have that planned already.

A big fat yes from me. Good luck. Keep us posted on your success.

Ant.

I'd change the font it looks a bit inconsistent. Lettering has variable widths.

Best font for customers is a times roman 12 point font. According to a man I know who is very very well versed on all things internet ;-)

Let us know if you want some help with SEO ;-)

Being a Web Developer myself, im probably going to be a bit picky!

I agree with Alfie on the font, bit inconsistent and the light blue against the white background isnt really ideal imo. Personally, I like to use the Google fonts.

The "cover" images used on all the pages slow the site down quite a bit (https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fryanjameschauffeurs.co.uk%2F&tab=mobile) and personally I would use percentages for the height as opposed to a fixed height, unless the intended purpose was to have the content below the fold.

Also a few minor errors: https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fryanjameschauffeurs.co.uk%2F

Overall, id say its a very nice site though! Could do with a bit of SEO so that it ranks well

I think it's a good looking site, and agree with others that a few car pics would enhance it, but can I point out a spelling mistake ?

"All our drivers are smart and professional and dedicated to giving your the ultimate chauffeur driven experience."

Sorry Olly if I'm being too picky :dk:

The chap in the Home page photo...should have a seat belt on. Small point but you never know.

I know you can have a fleet of cars...can you also have a fleet of drivers as mentioned in the "About us" page.
There's a typo on the second paragraph of wedding chauffeur services:

We guarantee to get to you to the church on time and without stress.

Last edited:
I think it's a good looking site, and agree with others that a few car pics would enhance it, but can I point out a spelling mistake ?

"All our drivers are smart and professional and dedicated to giving your the ultimate chauffeur driven experience."

Sorry Olly if I'm being too picky :dk:

In addition to the "your"...it should read..."smart, professional and dedicated"...

Leave out the first "and".

Good looking site. Great advice already mentioned. I'd just add that the 'private hire' main picture has a rather pale hue which makes it look as if it's grey'd out or that something is still loading.

Under the business travel section the bloke has a laptop the size of my front door :D

.. but that's a common problem using stock images, rather than shooting your own images where you could have had a chap with a nice tablet etc.

Nice clear and easy to navigate website though.

Thank you all.

The SEO is still to be worked on.

I agree with the car pictures. We have not got all of them just yet (cars) and we are waiting for some good weather also.

Spelling is sorted.

Ryan James Chauffeurs promises to make every journey a pleasure. We offer the ultimate in comfort, luxury, discretion and style regardless of occasion or circumstance. Our aim is to provide unparalleled service for the frequent chauffeur driven traveller and to make chauffeur driven travel more accessible to anyone who hasn’t tried it before.

I'm no master of the English language, but my eleven year old says it should be "Ryan James Chauffeurs promise" instead of as above. Is he right? Please say no or his head will swell to unbearable proportions

He's only right if every chauffeur personally promises... The subject of the sentence is a company name - Ryan James Chauffeurs - which is singular. He's doing fine, though, if he's clued up enough to think about that at the age of eleven.

Nice, tidy and informative. Apologies for gate crashing your post!

Last edited:
gazz said:
Ryan James Chauffeurs promises to make every journey a pleasure. We offer the ultimate in comfort, luxury, discretion and style regardless of occasion or circumstance. Our aim is to provide unparalleled service for the frequent chauffeur driven traveller and to make chauffeur driven travel more accessible to anyone who hasn’t tried it before

Could be both ways but 'promise' would look better, one way to get round it would be to change it to "We at Ryan James Chauffers promise..."

Looks very professional, only thing I'd say that lets you down is your logo. That 'bevel & emboss' effect makes me cringe when I see that effect on logos, also the inner shadow isn't the best touch

When I design a logo with the client I try to make them understand how it's going to look on 'any' background, not just the website, shirt or letterhead, and that just wouldn't look right I don't think

The same logo in a solid 2d flat version would look much more professional IMO :thumb:

But still, a very nice looking service you are portraying there :) :thumb:

Also- if you keep the colour consistent, just viewing on my phone via the mbclub app so not sure if it's different for desktop but the telephone number is in purple, if you keep it to say... White for the headings and the t: and then just the numbers in a slight off white/grey would look nice on that dark grey background

I forget the palette colour code/number but can post it later when I'm next on PS

If Ryan James is a registered Company then it should not be WE or anything, just Ryan James Promise. A registered Company is a single entity made of of employees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom