Well priced and very honest W211 E55 Kompressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291311267523

Looks/sounds well cared for and a very honest car :cool:

Keyless go is a 5 minute fix - even if you just replaced the driver's front door handle at around £150 + vat (less with discount)

Wheel refurb £150-200

Front bumper? Maybe see how bad it is but otherwise a straightforward respray of a bumper isn't going to break the bank :)

IMHO looks a lot better than many of the ~ £10k saloons out there - and who knows, the seller might take an offer too :bannana:

This has been on sale for ages. I offered the guy £7500 for it back In August when I was in the market for a AMG and he declined my offer and ended up with a 209 AMG.

To be fair, £7500 is a low price for a W211 E55 Kompressor (including needing a little TLC) so perhaps the seller thought he could get more?

I don't think I've seen many much cheaper than this, even with engine problems or other major issues/very high mileage.

Either way, it now seems like he's more keen to sell hence the lower asking price, so perhaps a good opportunity to pick up a nice enough car for a good value price with some potental to improve :)

Please tell me where you can get 4 wheels refurbed for £200 ?

Also struts , Brakes ,springs etc should always be changed in pairs ..even if one side is fine.

That car looks a reasonable example. Shouldn't take much to get it tip top again.

Are those prices inclusive of vat?

Says they are if you read the text :)

Never paid more than £200 for a refurb from BJV.

Wheel refurbs often requires fixing of flat spots which can add to the cost. £200 is a good price. Never paid that low. Is this for powder coating or wet paint?

Therefore, I will consider sensible offers taking into consideration all of the aforementioned. Anything starting with a 6 and below will be ignored....

So if I offered £60k he would turn it down :D

The quotes for a decent job within a 30 mile radius( not worth travelling farther) have been £270 -£325 4 wheels, tyres off powder coated & balanced vat not included! So £200 for the same would be amazing , just no where near Bristol it seems...

Yeah ive seen that but the mileage worries me, wouldnt fancy Spending 8k then having to put a Gearbox into it lol

Don't go on mileage alone though. If the gearbox has had its fluid changed at each 35/40k and spent its life on the motorway, then the oil will be up to temperature and there will be very few changes / engaging neutral and drive so might actually be in great shape.

I have had easily 10-20 sets of wheels refurbished (done properly, stripped back to bare metal and powder coated, or painted/diamond cut and lacquered) and I've never paid as much as £200.

Will have you ever had any at that price done by a firm that has branches in the South West ?
Not sure about how far SW you are, but I'm in Surrey and normally use a place near Hemel Hempstead (just North of London). I would have thought rents/overheads would be lower in the SW?

There are cheaper places (starting from £20 a wheel for strip and powder coat) by you get what you pay for to a point.

It normally works out around £30-40 a wheel depending on the finish, add £7.50 a wheel for tyre removal, refitting and a new valve/balance :thumb:

From one of the earlier posts here.

I would like to know where people can get the door handle for less than £150?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom