What a difference a tyre makes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
My 2016 C207 with factory fit 19" AMG alloys was fitted with Continental Contisports. I've just had them replaced on the front , rears already done a few months back, with 235x35x19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 3 and what a difference. The car was reasonably quiet before but now it just glides along with virtually no tyre roar at all. Have fitted them to my last 3 cars mainly because they have a prominent lip to protect the wheel rim and the reduced tyre noise is an extra bonus.

100% agreed, tyres can change a car!

I had the same when I bought a set of 17's to replace the standard 16's on my S204, and in the process went from Contisports to Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics - noisy car became whisper quiet (but with excellent grip wet and dry, well tested today at about 25-30mph when the pratt in front of me hit a parked car, flipped up onto 2 wheels but luckily came down on 4, tested my ABS!!). Also are wearing well - OK I don't rag the car (but I'm not Miss Daisy!!), but they've been on for over 2 years and about 20k miles and still well above MoT limits!

Yeah Goodyear’s on the front of my e55 , quiet smooth and grip wet or dry exceptionally well.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 I put on to replace Pirelli P Zero's had more grip in the wet than the Pirelli's had in the dry.

Go figure.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 I put on to replace Pirelli P Zero's had more grip in the wet than the Pirelli's had in the dry.

Go figure.
Goodyears sound like they last quite well per the above posts. I'm finding Contis don't wear so well. After 4-5k miles I'm half way through a set of tyres. How are you finding the Michelins? Are they durable or is that the price of the grip?

Rim protectors are better than nothing, but in terms of preventing that "parked by the wife" look, you can't beat going up in width (and down in height) by a couple of sizes...
Granite kerbs hold no fear for me since I fitted 285s!

Go figure.

Michelin tyres are awesome! On my toy thats the only tyres i will run

Continentals are noisy when even moderately worn.

Michelin pilot sports have been my favourite so far (on my previous C-class)
Wear rate was fairly poor, but most roads are fairly twisty round here :)

I've never tried Goodyear Eagle F1's

Go figure.

Eeek! My SL came with P Zero's. Hope they last a while but, the next ones will be Michelins or possibly now Goodyears?

Rim protectors are better than nothing, but in terms of preventing that "parked by the wife" look, you can't beat going up in width (and down in height) by a couple of sizes...
Granite kerbs hold no fear for me since I fitted 285s!
Paul, that sounds intriguing. What tyres have you got on what rims?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom