What are my wheel size options for my E63 estate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfoster

Car
W212 E350, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, W201 190e, 2019 Volvo V90 R Design, Mk5 Golf Gti
As above I pick up my 2014 E63 estate in a couple of days and already thinking of changing the wheels to something with a concave/Vossen look and perhaps up to 20". From the outset I was never a fan of the factory wheels so was already in my mind about replacing them (as well as changing the colour by wrapping her).

I think i'd like to go slightly wider at the rear so was wondering what width I can go out to without having to cut/roll arches (something I don't want to do). Is a 10" or 11" wide possible? I like the slight stretched look but not too stretched (not boy racer stretched!) tyre wise.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of my options?

Thanks

I run 20X10.5 rears with no issues slightly lowered

Last edited:
ok great ta, what size tyres / offset do you have?

thanks

Also interested in this...

Need some wheels now as the stock ones are awful really.

285/25/20 could go 295 or maybe even push 305 I would imagine on an ET42 rear offset

285/25/20 could go 295 or maybe even push 305 I would imagine on an ET42 rear offset

ITs the offset that throws me, what offset and size could i go for comfortably? my car is lowered like yours Luke, so what do you reccommend?
20's be nice but i've just dropped £870 on some Michilin PS4S's which i'd rather not waste.
But at the same time i think 19s are too small.

That's great thank you, for me the narrower tyres would work better so i can get the slight stretched look I am after. Whats the PCD of our cars, 5x112?

ITs the offset that throws me, what offset and size could i go for comfortably? my car is lowered like yours Luke, so what do you reccommend?
20's be nice but i've just dropped £870 on some Michilin PS4S's which i'd rather not waste.
But at the same time i think 19s are too small.

There is much more info on wheel fitment on the us forums mate I wouldn't like to run anymore aggressive then what I'm using.. I've had no problems atall with my car rubbing but I've also only gone a tad lower ATM on the links

TBH mate now I have 20s I don't think 19s are to small once lowered I debate sometimes buying some aftermarket 19s to replace my 20s

That's great thank you, for me the narrower tyres would work better so i can get the slight stretched look I am after. Whats the PCD of our cars, 5x112?

Yes 5x112

I run 20" Vossen's on the CLS

Front: 20x9.0" ET 32
Rear: 20x10.5" ET 42

20526200_10208183633103239_6470043155669600605_n.jpg

What size tyres you using mate

Think i might go 19's aftermarket... as you say they dont look as lost when the car is lowered.

So i can get 10.5" on the rear with an ET42... means i can run a 295 tyre quite comfortably.
Thats perfect then.

Thanks guys!

I've been to the Rollhard show today which is mainly all air ride stuff etc, fascinating to see how popular the 'scene' has become!

Anyway i've seen some alloys that I like the look of, they are made by Rotiform but are only available with an offset of ET25 or ET35. Am I right in saying for me to get these on I would need to fit spacers? (10mm to bring out a bit for example?)

Lower the number the more they stick out 25mm will stick out loads 35 probably to much also

To much to fit a decent tyre and lower imo anyway

If that's on a w212 e63 btw

Ok great thanks, I was thinking the offset calculation was the other way round! (lower the number the less it sticks out... bugger need to find something else!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom