What are the chances?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nik_Endeavour

Car
Mercedes-less at the moment
Had my windscreen replaced on Thursday from Autoglass. It was all perfect and thought it would last another 10 years. Did it **** :devil:?

On my way to Oxford to their Bicester Outlet (blame the Mrs) I got a stone right in the middle and hey presto another crack. A grand life of 48 hrs. Well another £60 to depart from.

Had my windscreen replaced on Thursday from Autoglass. It was all perfect and thought it would last another 10 years.
Where did you go in the end - Swindon/Bristol? I seem to remember you do the opposite commute to me, so if they did a good job I'd be interested. I have a couple of old, previously repaired, chips that show badly so either need another repair or a new screen.

I did go for the Bristol branch and they were very good I have to say. Very professional and did wait in reception until I finished teaching so they could go over the initial check with me. Finished the job in just about 60 mins. They fitted a Sekurvue (poss. wrong spelling) which was OK but after the 2nd time I did ask for a MB one. Call me supersticious but I am not having the same again even though it might have anything to go with the brand.

I thought Autoglass guarantee the glass for the lifetime of car ownership?

Will they not replace FOC?

Terrible luck!! If it's any consolation...

I had new Contis all round on Mrs D's ML on Saturday. The only miles they'd covered was back home from the tyre fitter, plus two trips to school - well until I used it on Wednesday.

First time I've taken her car for business use (trying to get miles-to-next-service down before ServicePlus expires!!), and was on my way round the M25 when someone gestured that the rear nearside was flat.

Punctured!!

Bad luck in some respects, but I suspect that had the old tyres still been on it may have been a blow out, as I reckon the new tread blocks prevented the piece of metal being pushed right through.

A puncture on the M25 in rush hour is not ideal, but a blow out wouldn't bear thinking about. Managed to go straight to a very helpful garage, who repaired it within 20 minutes of arriving, and I made it on time for my meeting.

So it could have been much much worse. All in all I was jolly lucky.

Thanks guys. I would have never thought it. Been driving for 8 years and never had to replace or repair a windscreen until now. I even been driving in the Balkans in dirt tracks and never had anything on the windscreen. It had to happen twice in a week, while driving on a drowsy Sunday morning on a quiet dual carriageway en route to Oxford.

Along the same lines, the last 2 cars I've p/x'd have suffered significant screen damage on the way to the dealers to pick up the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom