what colour to refurb my wheels??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

av12ram

Car
'sl500AMG,e320AMG,500secAMG,'91 300seAMG,e280teAMG,560SELAMG,560SECAMG
I am waiting for my amg split rims to arrive and I was thinking of doing the centre black. They're going on my silver 124. what do you guys think of the colour combo? do them black or leave them silver? :dk: And does anyone know the correct tyre size to fit on these, they're the 124 specific split rims, i think 17x8.5j.

Attachments

• 4e93d334beedcaaf3dce84c95bf7e2639.jpg
    4e93d334beedcaaf3dce84c95bf7e2639.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 25
Personally,I'm not too keen on black wheels so I would probably leave them as they are..

I fancied a change of colour on my wheels and went for gun metal grey and am very happy with the result...

Sorry,I can't help you with the tyre sizes

Considering you`ve black interior they wouldn`t look bad but +1 on the darker grey thingy
As for tires 235/45 should be the right size

I always favour keeping the original colours, especially with classic cars. Definitely not gloss or matt black. That would look like a DIY job with a can of Hammerite. Anthracite or Gunmetal would look classy though.

If the car was any other colour than silver I think you'd get away with the coloured centres, but as it is silver, I think you should leave them the standard colour.

Will you be selling the monoblocks on the car in your sig?

My neighbour got his done black, after they got curbed a few times the black makes the damage stand out.

Silver looks classy but getting dirty quick
Anthracite or Gunmetal centres that will be cool.Want to go for the same colour for wheels on my Chrysler,even in mat
Check out my albums in my profile,s320 I had was in silver with Anthracite colour wheels

Last edited:
It seems that the original 124 split rims were 17x8j from what I can see.
Link to a very good site for anyone looking for alloy wheel info AMG alloy wheels | Genuine new 17" AMG multipiece | fits Mercedes E Class 124 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

Thought it may be useful to you to check on such things as tyres sizes. :thumb:

Thanks for the link. that's a bit odd as I haven't seen these wheels as 8j. They are stamped with 8.5j on the back. :dk:

Will you be selling the monoblocks on the car in your sig?

Sorry i'm not selling the monoblocks as i'm planning to buy another 124 and will probably use these.

Attachments

• 5bfa2a68ad1884ea1c99008d71d3905bf.jpg
    5bfa2a68ad1884ea1c99008d71d3905bf.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the link. that's a bit odd as I haven't seen these wheels as 8j. They are stamped with 8.5j on the back. :dk:

I suppose it could be an error in the details. Do the part numbers match?

Anthracite all day

jaymanek-albums-500e-picture3280-brabuswheel8.jpg

jaymanek-albums-190e-cosworth-2-5-16-picture3240-190frontnew.jpg

I suppose it could be an error in the details. Do the part numbers match?
Well haven't checked the part numbers but asked a contact in germany who deals in these wheels and he said he'd never come across 8j amg splits. so i'm guessing it's a mistake on the website.

Anthracite all day

I have to say, getting a lot of votes for anthracite, they do look amazing on your cars jay. :cool:

Thanks for the link. that's a bit odd as I haven't seen these wheels as 8j. They are stamped with 8.5j on the back.

They came in both sizes so nothing to worry about

They came in both sizes so nothing to worry about
Thanks. I'm just dying to get them...still waiting :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom