what do you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 5.5 ( 557bhp ) MCT 2014MY AMG 63 Reg | eBay

looking at this and quite tempted... i have briefly spoken with one of the guys and has confirmed no damage and was just stolen, I'm not really an estate guy but the tempting thing is low mileage...its also a bit of a trek... waiting for owner to comeback to me to discuss the car but thought i would get some opinions. many thanks

The wheels look cack with the black car, but that's only cosmetic, you may not share my opinion, and if you do the original wheels and tyres come with the car (according to the ad) anyway.

There's some pictures with the original wheels on, and they look much better. I'd ask him why he's not selling them separately, though; they're worth a fair bit of money, I'd have thought.

It was first registered in September 2013; would it be a 2014 or a 2013 model? I thought most manufacturers did not release the following year's model until October.

My first thought was: "It's stolen. What if it's been thrashed?" My second thoughts were that firstly, it's built to be thrashed, and secondly, with that sort of power, just how much can you thrash it on UK roads?

MOT history is fine.

It could well need some expensive work. Ask about the front discs; they're at least about £1000 for parts alone. If it has an LSD, this will probably be due for a service on age alone, as will the gearbox and the plugs. As a guide, Terry Gates in North Harrow will do gearbox, diff and plugs for just under £600.

I'd want to know what evidence he has that it's not been damaged; that's an easy thing to claim. Do you know enough about bodywork to be able to tell if you went to see it?

What registration will it come with? I assume W8 MAD is his personal plate.

Low mileage will help the resale price, but mechanically I wouldn't attach much importance to it; exactly the same car with twice the mileage would drive just as well.

Do your research before you go and see it. If you test drive it, coming from an E55K to an E63 5.5 TT with 550 bhp you WILL buy it; trust me on this ...

Many thanks for the information... ill certainly take heed of your advice.... i have impression he will alter price if i go for the original wheels; I have a few I'm looking at but have decided has to be no more than 50,000 miles.

Prefer the original wheels also.

with that sort of power, just how much can you thrash it on UK roads?

A lot and all too easily. That was my problem.

I prefer the original wheels too. Put them on and sell those black ones.

How does the price compare to similar without Cat D?

This has been for sale for ages and by ages I mean at least six months if not going on a year!

General rule of thumb is to take off a quarter to a third or more off the price for accident damaged, imo this wants to be nearer £25k.

Agreed. I'm always work on 25-40% discount for CAT D to C. I'm not a fan of CAT cars & stay away. Others don't mind them & I know people who buy them with only 20-25% discount which is not enough IMHO.

I'm really not a fan of E Class Estates in Black though.

This has been for sale for ages and by ages I mean at least six months if not going on a year!

General rule of thumb is to take off a quarter to a third or more off the price for accident damaged, imo this wants to be nearer £25k.
Think it may be the same car that was originally advertised near Nottingham, this was at the same time I was looking for my CLS63 back in Oct/Nov 2016, think it dropped to around £23k then disappeared......

yeah distance was an issue and also called them 4 times yesterday to talk to owner and seems like they aren't bothered in selling as haven't come back to me... there seen to be a few about and even non categorised ones with around 50,000 miles can be had for around £30,000.. no rush and thx for tips/ feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom