What do you want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An in-line 6 petrol with 48v hybrid system.

Excellent news. Exactly the kind of drivetrain I'd be looking at a few years down the line when replacing my 5.5 V8. Maybe I won't have to go Audi after all.

Excellent news. Exactly the kind of drivetrain I'd be looking at a few years down the line when replacing my 5.5 V8. Maybe I won't have to go Audi after all.

Thank god. Wouldn’t want to wish that on my worst enemy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17C508_07.jpg

mgu.JPG

full2_0.jpg

See this thread in the engine section my post 7 onwards for links pics video etc
Whats more reliable? V6 or IL6 E320cdi

Last edited:
Yes,,,,,,,,no,,,,,,,,,,errrrr, kinda,,,,,,,:D

Happy to lose very small deposit for a better deal.
Fair enough and would be nice for you to stay with the MB brand

Ben’s handover today!
e31eea8fa4671c42fdde6e04bde648cc.jpg

I am looking to replace my 7 year old E350 estate with a new S213 estate but would appreciate some advice.

I am anxious to ensure that the car will come with the latest engine either the OM 654 or 656.

I think that the OM654 engine is now available for the E220d and that the current MB configurator has the relevant consumption and c02 emission figures but the E350 figures appear to relate to the V6 258hp engine which is in my current car.

Do you know when the OM 656 engine will be available for the E350 and if the latest consumption and co2 emissions are currently available so that I could compare against the E220d.
I am unable to make up my mind between the two engine options do you have a view?

Finally have you any idea of the likely delivery dates based on a factory build for either engine option.

Thanks for your help

I am looking to replace my 7 year old E350 estate with a new S213 estate but would appreciate some advice.

I am anxious to ensure that the car will come with the latest engine either the OM 654 or 656.

I think that the OM654 engine is now available for the E220d and that the current MB configurator has the relevant consumption and c02 emission figures but the E350 figures appear to relate to the V6 258hp engine which is in my current car.

Do you know when the OM 656 engine will be available for the E350 and if the latest consumption and co2 emissions are currently available so that I could compare against the E220d.
I am unable to make up my mind between the two engine options do you have a view?

Finally have you any idea of the likely delivery dates based on a factory build for either engine option.

Thanks for your help

Hi there,

The 656 engine isn’t available in the E Class yet. I’ve checked with head office and it’s going into the E Class mid next year, so at the moment it’s just the 220d that we can offer. I’d guess that the other engine will be for delivery in the autumn.

At this time, I think we’re looking at Feb/March arrival

Thanks for the information.
In this case will go with the E220D. Plan to take my wife to MB Brooklands to choose colour and interior trim in next couple of days.
I had hopped that the 3 litre engine would be available early in new year but dont think I can wait until the autumn and don't want to buy a new car with an engine that is about to be superseded.
Thanks again

Hi,
Very interested in the new CLS but the price list and configurator is quite restricted in terms of trim and some nice to have options. Specifically heated windscreen, warmth package and thermotronic.
These are all available on the E-class and the mb.de CLS config. Any idea if or when they'll be available here?

Hi,
Very interested in the new CLS but the price list and configurator is quite restricted in terms of trim and some nice to have options. Specifically heated windscreen, warmth package and thermotronic.
These are all available on the E-class and the mb.de CLS config. Any idea if or when they'll be available here?

I’m not sure on that. There will be an updated brochure when the 53 model comes out this month, so I’d wait for that

They are putting everything in packages on the CLS, so the options aren’t likely to come out individually

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom