What domain hosting would you recommend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
I want to move my three private domains from 1&1 - fed up with deteriorating quality and rubbish customer service.

I do not host websites, and have no intention to, at present anyway.

I only use my domains to have a bunch of emails, with about ten real mailboxes and about 100 forwarded (aliases). That's all I need to support, and would like a better value for money than 1&1, and certainly more reliable. Must support POP, as I don't like IMAP.

Not that it's terribly important, but the domains are all my surname - .uk; .co.uk and .name - I recently dropped me.uk; org.uk; and .eu ;) so only three are remaining.

Route 53. It's brilliantly simple.
If you want to use email, you can use SES to an S3 bucket.

Edit: having said that, I use 1&1 for my personal stuff :)

Reactions: GLK
I’ve used hostinguk.net (based in North Wales) for over 15 years and never had a problem. On the rare occasion that I’ve used their help desk or customer services they’ve been excellent. They always give the impression that they care.

Layershift based in Manchester - they have stunningly good tech support people.

I've been with them for 13 years now. I used to be in this industry so I used to know what I was talking about!

I currently use LCN

I currently use LCN
I tried them a couple of years back (they had .uk domain before others, so bought it through them), but I remember their basic service was only IMAP.

I used to use domain.com for domain registration, but I wouldn't recommend them anymore.

123-reg.co.uk for domain hosting alone are good for your requirements.

+1 for hostinguk.net. I have had domains with them for years. I have found their support department to be very knowledgable and helpful. They can also provide private domain registrations to hide your details in whois queries. I use the hosted exchange service (pre 365) and it has been brilliant. It's about £30 pa for one email with unlimited aliases (I think) and 100 GB storage.

I tried them a couple of years back (they had .uk domain before others, so bought it through them), but I remember their basic service was only IMAP.

Ok, sorry wasn't aware of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom