What ever happened to rude mercs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
Remember about 10/12 years ago when I was about 11 ish seeing my neighbours rude mercs. He had 2 190e's and one with evo2 kit. At the time it was the best thing ever. I suspect now it would look utter tat.

Who had them and any photos/ info?

What happened to them?

I think they went into liquidation. .god knows why.

They metamorphosed into something quite different!

FROM
786956767_d59dcd11fd_z.jpg

TO

3224426085_402c426a29_b.jpg

They used to graft on SEC grills to 190,s bit of a trademark
images

There were several German Companies that did similar conversions.

190_bubble_car.jpg

courtesy of the 190 forum. The 190 Bodykit Thread....

Last edited:
grober said:
They metamorphosed into something quite different! FROM TO They used to graft on SEC grills to 190,s bit of a trademark There were several German Companies that did similar conversions. courtesy of the 190 forum. The 190 Bodykit Thread....

Wow, I can't believe they went from mercedes to figaros! Interesting!

I remember they're signature sec bonnets. The two that were next door to me were actually very subtle compared to some I've seen online.

Rude Mercs used to be in Wembley , just off the north circular. Used to see them all the time as a kid when I lived over that way

Rude Mercs used to be in Wembley , just off the north circular. Used to see them all the time as a kid when I lived over that way
I didn't know that they were in Wembley, What year was that ? I bought my first 190e Rude in 1992 from them when they were in Bethnal Green, I heard a rumour back in 2000ish that Mercedes were going to sue them for using the name RudeMerc and that is why they were known as just Rude from 2000. I love my one until all the speed humps started to appear in and around London, 2 new front spoilers and a new exhaust later it had to go

This must have been 25 years ago , maybe a bit more.

Before I could drive , that's for sure. I remember seeing them as my dad used to drive towards the north circ.

herby thr cls said:
I didn't know that they were in Wembley, What year was that ? I bought my first 190e Rude in 1992 from them when they were in Bethnal Green, I heard a rumour back in 2000ish that Mercedes were going to sue them for using the name RudeMerc and that is why they were known as just Rude from 2000. I love my one until all the speed humps started to appear in and around London, 2 new front spoilers and a new exhaust later it had to go

Any photos of that one?

Any photos of that one?
I've got a couple of old photographs some where, I will have to sort them out at the weekend and then try and work out how to put them on here (it's an age thing hehe)

I've got a couple of old photographs some where, I will have to sort them out at the weekend and then try and work out how to put them on here (it's an age thing hehe)
Not great photos, but there you go

Attachments

• WP_20151006_024.jpg
    WP_20151006_024.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 51
  • WP_20151006_008.jpg
    WP_20151006_008.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF1679.jpg
    DSCF1679.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread