What further bits and bobs do I need?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NW_Merc

Banned
Car
1994 Mercedes C180 classic
I have been offered an electric interior for my W202 for a nice price.

However, I dont have an electric interior on my car. I know Steve at MBenzNL has done this mod, however he hasnt been replying to email.

Can anyone here give me a hint as to what I need to order in order to fit the seats into my car....

Thanks

a bank loan.if the project goes belly up.
Have a nice day

I have a 124 with all the electric gubbins. You are more than welcome to investigate a working model to see what you will need. Yes I know yours is a 202 but the principle should be the same.

You'll need:

The door cards designed for the electric seat switches
The electric seats switches
Wiring loom from the electric seat switches in the door to the seat, need the same for the other side
Need to run a live power wire from the fuse box to each seat

not a hard job if you're competent at car DIY.

Ian B Walker said:
I have a 124 with all the electric gubbins. You are more than welcome to investigate a working model to see what you will need. Yes I know yours is a 202 but the principle should be the same.

Is it in your workshop? If so can I pop up and take a look?

If you did the work yourself, and have the door cards with the switches in them already, the only cost is of the looms.

Not expensive but may be fiddly/time consuming.

NW_Merc said:
Do I need to change anything else like the seat mounts?

Nope :D

Just give me a call when you want to see it and I will steal it off the wife (The Coupe is mine I tell you :bannana: )

electric seats

hi there i added heated/fully electric/memory seats to my w203 and it was a case of swap over add 2 looms (heatinhg and memory) and program it all up and off it went, was very time consuming though but well worth the effort.

Ian B Walker said:
Nope :D

Just give me a call when you want to see it and I will steal it off the wife (The Coupe is mine I tell you :bannana: )

Tell you what, I dunno if there'll be enough light but you could bring it to the GTG on wednesday Ian....:bannana:

electric seat w202

hi all

also thinking of adding an electric drivers seat..do i need anything else other than the seat, door card and loom?
are the seat mounts the same?
do i need to disconnect the battery first?
there is a plug of some sort under my front passengers seat- whats this for?
PART NUMBERS PLEASE!!
CHEERS

hi all

also thinking of adding an electric drivers seat..do i need anything else other than the seat, door card and loom?
are the seat mounts the same?
do i need to disconnect the battery first?
there is a plug of some sort under my front passengers seat- whats this for?
PART NUMBERS PLEASE!!
CHEERS

seat, door card (with adjuster switch) and loom, as long as its from the same model car that is all you will need!

as for plug, post a pic...

NW_Merc how about some pictures of the new interior, perhaps some before and after ones ?

Yep thanks to IBW and his expert sparky, now must take pics and have my own members gallery. I'm a bit embarrassed as the front of the car is nearly done and I'm yet to install all the rest of the stuff in the rear of the car (electric windows, headrests, high level brake light). But will take 'work in progress' pics and put them on here..... :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom