What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cleaned my E and the other half's CLS and, well it was absolutely bloody freezing. The E started off looking like this :

yZtUKNQ.jpg

-1.5 degrees but cracked on and looked good once it was done.

kv3CfPD.jpg

pvYri4H.jpg

Glad to get all the crap off both cars. Two new rear tyres on the CLS at the weekend too.

I serviced the E, unfortunately found this after taking the covers off the engine......
The beginning of Black Death!!!!
25408f45ccc5c4272ab20649d2a263aa.jpg
2bd94b2c0f583be9ae2e0888526ddffa.jpg

Spent 6.5 hours driving round for work today ended up doing a 13 hour day and finished still feeling good at the end of it. I love this car it just does everything I wanted it's just a relaxing drive just so comfy. I've done the same journey when i had my old golf and was knackered when I got home.

Seriously thinking of getting rid of mine before it has anything else go wrong! Anyone interested in a 02 320cdi estate?

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

Tried on Snowsocks a mate gave* me in prep next winter.
72b5bf041ca9acc97072f0a7ab21bb3b.jpg

* For his XJ be doesn't have any more and this is a very close fit.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

Just had a "B" Service on the S-Class at Olly's (PCS). Great Service as usual.

When i booked it in i told Natacha that when i had the MOT done in December i had a couple of Advisories re Back & Front Brake Pads on the limit, so Natacha ordered them.

When Graham checked said pads he found them only half worn, so now i have two Advisories which shouldn't be there !! Olly said it's becoming common practice ??

As i will be selling the S-Class in a few months time i'll have a problem in explaining why i haven't had the pads changed !!

Fortunately they could return the Pads back to MB.

Collected the SL from a 3-week rehab session at St Oliver of the Blessed Spanner. Discussed the concept of a W140 as a daily driver but on balance not sure having 2 thirsty, high maintence vehicles with increasingly shrinking parts supply is the best of ideas!

Tried to adjust the windscreen washer jets without the proper tool, which MB want £36 for . So cut down a small screwdriver to use .
This used to be such a simple task to perform .:mad:

Ate fish & chips in it. Lovely too.

317ibdz.jpg

Full vallet inside and out and wax/polish from my nephew who is a valleter at Audi, he also managed to get a scuff mark out of the door which was bothering me.

Cleaned, clayed, polished, waxed and finally buffed the little 190.

It was clean(ish) before but working underneath it and spraying all types of paints and protectants on the chassis and floors left it's mark on the paintwork. :(

Opened the doors to go to the barbers, and got hit by the unmistakably aroma of eating fish & chips in the car the night before. It took me back to my childhood. Wonderful.

Spent 3 hours putting in oem illuminated door sills in my w211 e55( what a pain of a job) now I have a wire dangling from the wiring harness of the door sills and have no idea where it fits [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent 3 hours putting in oem illuminated door sills in my w211 e55( what a pain of a job) now I have a wire dangling from the wiring harness of the door sills and have no idea where it fits
I retrofitted OEM illuminated door sills to my car last August.

The WIS pages I printed for this job, called for essentially stripping down the car's interior to bare metal, and re-pinning a few SAM plugs, not to mention removal of the battery (under the driver's footwell in 169) and the fuse box.

I thought it's a bit OTT, and whilst I was adamant to keep the OE actuation - going off after 5 minutes, etc - I wasn't going to remove the carpets and re-pin the SAM ...

It took me a couple of hours of looking through wiring diagrams and notes, and another hour cutting off and re-wiring the OE loom, but I got it done. The sills function exactly as intended, and no major work on the interior was required, other than feeding an extra wire through the rubber door conduits. The door courtesy light is actuated in exactly the same pattern, as the illuminated door sills - that was my solution :)

The work was somewhat complicated by the fact that, the sills are not 12V, so do require their own power supply units - talking about keeping it simple, Mercedes :eek:

I retrofitted OEM illuminated door sills to my car last August.

The work was somewhat complicated by the fact that, the sills are not 12V, so do require their own power supply units - talking about keeping it simple, Mercedes :eek:

I know how you feel, the thing that’s irritating me is I managed to plug in the Sam ( fused it) and connected all wires, it just one stupid silver wire from the control module which I have no idea where it goes, why can’t Mercedes keep things simple and freely provide instructions on diy instead of pretending to lock it in the worlds most secure safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GLK
I'd washed an vacuumed it the other day, then it got all mucky again as it was raining when we finished our gig on Friday :(

I just done around 6000 miles since the B service so it got an oil and filter change this morning with my new Lidl transfer pump :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom