What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Took it off the driveway and gave it a 5 mile run to warm the car up,do not like to leave it two days without giving it a run.

Towed a caravan (as if it wasn't there) with it, after lovely weekend in Shrewsbury.

Cleaned and waxed brake pipes on E250, cleaned wheels inside & out.

Changed oil, filter, brake fluid, serviced and checked for MOT then delivered to MOT station.
Back a couple of hours later, passed no advisories.

Then gave it a good wash.

Noticed the E220 looked dirty so washed this too.

By this time I'm cold, wet and tired, went for a bath (but not with Merc.).

Filled it with more than 90 litres of 99 RON and notice a C Service is due in 28 days

Found out how to get COMAND to read-out text messages.... :)

Ha ha... it's COMAND NTG4.5, so when a text messages arrives you get a small envelope icon at the top of the screen.

You then choose Tel, and SMS, and it displays the message on the screen.

All good and well, but what I didn't do (until now) was press the wheel once more to get a submenu where the first option is 'Read text'.....

Ha ha... it's COMAND NTG4.5, so when a text messages arrives you get a small envelope icon at the top of the screen.

You then choose Tel, and SMS, and it displays the message on the screen.

All good and well, but what I didn't do (until now) was press the wheel once more to get a submenu where the first option is 'Read text'.....
Thanks! I knew that bit but it wasn’t working....then I discovered i had to go into bluetooth settings and choose the MB bluetooth and turn notifications ‘on’!

Reactions: Ted
Took it for a MOT went through no advisories not bad for a 10 year old .

IMG_0186.JPG Replaced the rusty wheel bolts. Bit sad I suppose but they were looking tatty.

Replaced the rusty wheel bolts. Bit sad I suppose but they were looking tatty.

Not sad at all. What's sad is taking them off, bead blasting and painting them, which I used to do regularly on my 212. :)

The new one has covers over them so I'm not too bad with this one...

Reactions: GLK
Not sad at all. What's sad is taking them off, bead blasting and painting them, which I used to do regularly on my 212. :)

The new one has covers over them so I'm not too bad with this one...
I did actually think of painting them but the bolts were £4 each so I now have a rusty spare set!

Looked at mine, knowing I am looking forwards to a 4 hour drive across mid Wales tomorrow. ( did check tyres and under bonnet a week ago ) then hopped into my wife's Rav for the 15 mile round trip into town.

it is finally washed and vac'd, and looking 100% again :)

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom