what is the cheapest recovery acct can used to cover all cars to mechanic or home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dinoy

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes of course
using paid expenses or bank accounts like natwest or anywhere else pls

we all can use this as a method, as insurance brokers and companies are no longer offering complimentary roadside assitance which can be used on other cars

any pointers hint will be gratefully received

We have a Nationwide Flex acccount which includes European breakdown and recovery for any vehicle you are travelling in with no vehicle age limit - a bonus for the 124 in Italy. Never had to use it so far but I understand its through Britannia Rescue

The breakdown companies offers keep changing, and some can be purchased via the cashback sites such as quidco.

I'd start by looking here at the above link supplied by dinoy

We have Natwest Black account at £24 per month, so probably not the cheapest, but get a courtesy car for up to 10 days when the car breaks down, so we've unfortunately had enormous value out of it. Also get free iphone insurance (x4), travel insurance (and it's very good travel insurance), plus lounge access in airports.

I would recommend it highly!

RAC covers me SWMBO and JSWMBO all our cars £12 per month roadside repair and recovery. I just have it for recovery because if I can't fix it at the roadside it's a certainty the RAC can't on the two occasions I've used it I've just asked them to send recovery and they have obliged

tesco club card offers not restricted to car and even friends cars if u r with them r cover a bargain i took up joint roadside and recovery

+1 for Nationwide Flexplus account

£10 a month - can be in joint names so both covered for single payment

Full personal cover and vehicle based cover, homestart, national recovery, EU cover
Travel insurance - family cover
Mobile phone insurance - household cover
2 year extended warranty on white goods

Best value for all that is included

Chantelle phoned me today and gave me free AA roadside cover for a year - me, not the car - as I have house and contents cover with them (quite competitive).

Gift horse and all that... :thumb:

Through the bank is the way to go!

Barclays Additions account for me. £15 includes holiday travel insurance, mobile phone insurance, RAC full breakdown cover the list goes on...

We have breakdown cover through the bank which also includes travel and phones etc. Due to being over 65 it costs £18 and is convenient, but not the cheapest. We also get breakdown cover on our Merc and Ford due to servicing being done by main dealer, but this doesn't cover other cars we may be in for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom