What is this?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doo01

Car
CLS63s
I have a white Mercedes and keeping it clean certainly needs abit of work. Tar marks are easily removed with Autoglym tar remover. However I find alot of ‘orange’ coloured spots on the paint work and cant seem to remove unless with my nails! Not something I want to keep doing. Anyone know what these spots are and how to remove? Thanks in advance!!

It could be iron particles from the brakes of your car or the cars in front which settle on the paint and then rust, hence the orange colour. I would suggest you try an iron/fall out remover such as Auto Finesse 'Iron Out' and see if that helps with the issue.

Iron Out Contamination & Fallout Remover

Garry

Thank you sir. Will give that a go. You can also use as wheel cleaner. I usually use sonax on the wheels but wont try that on paintwork.

Definitely iron fall out.

Any decent fall out remover will do the job, but it will STINK when it reacts.

Definitely iron fall out.

Any decent fall out remover will do the job, but it will STINK when it reacts.

Is it common to have so much of these? Admittedly never owned a white car and probably more obvious with this colour.

Yes, it is quite common. Comes from brake dust etc, so common on “motorway” cars or can also land on cars parked near foundries or certain factories. It’s jusy a lot more obvious on white cars!

The market is absolutely saturated with products that deal with the removal of organic fallout. Many will have spent more on marketing and the whole theatre of "the bleed" rather than true effectiveness. Have a look at Bilt Hamber Korrosol. At the stuff Bilt Hamber Laboratories produce are based firmly in science and you get the benefit of supporting a UK company. Additionally do don't have to put up with that awful smell many fallout removers create, you get a much more pleasing pseudo cherry odour.

Korrosol | Fallout Remover | Paint Surface Protection - Bilt Hamber

Du0edJ.jpg

Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller is good for this but it smells absolutely awful. When I got it, I thought well how bad can it be, it's probably just a strong chemical smell? Absolutely not, it's seriously foul. But it is effective!

What they said - any reputable manufacturer will do. I believe that you can use it diluted rather than full strength. I also have a white car but used a sealer on it (Carlak) and have not noticed any marks.

Agree totally with Toobad about Korrosol, also Purple Rain, used both with great success, the Bilt Hamber comes in a bigger package with a good quality spray. Does the pong really matter ? it's gone the moment you hose it off.

I have a white merc too, highly recommend Autosmart Red 7, PH neutral etc so also safe on your wheels/caliper paint but I only use it for your issues as. You can buy a 5ltr tub for around £35 which is pricey but that will literally last years and compared the to usual £10-£15 for a litre of other stuff, much better value. In fact nearly everything I buy is 5ltrs bulk

Mainly occur on the rear end and behind each wheel with the occasional bonnet mark

I may try all these recommendations. So far I have tried auto finesse. Like everyone says. Works but the spray is crap. Then I tried dragon’s breath. Its much thicker than auto finesse. That also works fine. Spray is average. Not the best either. I found that on the two occasions, you pretty much end up using 3/4 or all of it! So now cost is a major factor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may try all these recommendations. So far I have tried auto finesse. Like everyone says. Works but the spray is crap. Then I tried dragon’s breath. Its much thicker than auto finesse. That also works fine. Spray is average. Not the best either. I found that on the two occasions, you pretty much end up using 3/4 or all of it! So now cost is a major factor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not buying a white car is the answer? Only saying because I had one once and vowed never again!

Russ

Maybe not buying a white car is the answer? Only saying because I had one once and vowed never again!

Russ

I don’t disagree!!! I have 2 to clean. The missus’s B class is white too.

A light spray around the car is all that is required.

I tried the Carpro iron + tar remover in one. I don’t find it as effective as others as an iron remover although I love the 2 in 1 concept! Some tougher iron marks do not get removed at all even after multiple applications. Any experience with the 2 in 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom