What is this ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikibudo

Car
Mercedes-Benz c200 cdi blueefficiency executive se 2012
2012- c200 cdi blueefficiency executive se
This button is stuck inside and I dont know what to do.
Any idea help?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 110
That's the instrument cluster light dimmer and mileage reset button, but no idea why it is pushed-in. Will it not come out?

Isnt that the instrument light brightness control.
And arn't you missing a cruise control lever?

Thanks but mine is at the 10 o'clock position hence the confusion.

8 o'clock on my W204 facelift.....

It was 10 o'clock on my W203.

thanks
I was not able to turn form beginning. Then I posted on FB and someone replay to pres and button and button will pop up but then I pressed and since that is stuck inside :( I will have to take to garage to check.

8 o'clock on my W204 facelift.....

It was 10 o'clock on my W203.

I've done a little research on the used car site and it appears the position changed between 2012 and 2013.
I would prefer it below the indicator stalk but that's how it is on mine.

Push a flat bladed mini screwdriver down the side of the button and try wiggling it side to side to loosen it and it may pop out, or better still get a hold of it with a needle nose pliers and pulling it out. It may be jammed but more likely some part of the internal mechanism is broken. :(

Thanks I will try then I let you know.

Hi
I did it. Button is out no stuck any more but I am still not able to turned left or right. I guess its some mechanical problem with this button.
I will post photo or video what method I used.

Hi
I did it. Button is out no stuck any more but I am still not able to turned left or right. I guess its some mechanical problem with this button.
I will post photo or video what method I used.
Will it turn if you pull it gently as you turn it?

I am just I am so upset with this button. Its annoying.
Lol fair enough mate. :) Just ignore it maybe? You only need it to reset the trip mileage don’t you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom