What should i have paid for c220 2002 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daveneil

Car
c220 cdi 2002
Hi everybody i cant help thinking i have overpaid for my c220 2002 merc estate with 120000 on the clock . it has two warning lights on but nothing wrong , sensors im told . coolant and windscreen washers . its in nice condition just a couple of bubbles round the number plate . i pxed a astra 1248 diesel estate with 120000 on the clock which i got £2400 for instead of about £1800 and i paid £2400 as well £4800 total , i reckon with getting xtra for astra still about £900 too much . i always do my homework after the event but would i have this lovely merc if i did.

The moral of the story is to do your homework before not after a deal is struck.You may of paid too much,however there are many factors to take into account,condition of trade in etc,I would of wanted rust and sensors sorted for that price.Never mind just enjoy your car,and remember the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.

Any car is only worth the price someone is prepared to pay. There are cheaper and also more expensive cars out there, in varying condition and spec levels, but what really counts is if you are happy with it, then it was worth the price you paid. You don't say how long ago you bought it though.

As a comparison take a look through AutoTrader and EBay for similar motors. I took a quick look on ebay and found this one, without any mention of service history.
2002 MERCEDES BENZ C CLASS C220 CDI Elegance Auto | eBay

Enjoy your Merc..........:thumb:

Thanks for the quick answers and yes i should have done my homework first , But if i had i would never have bought a mercedes as i always thought they were out of my range , I was not looking for a mercedes i was looking in general and this lovely looking mercedes was on the forecourt so i had to have it and i am very happy.

Considering you've lumbered the Dealer with a tired old leggy Astra then I think you've done OK TBH

Sensors

I had a 2002 C220 and the coolant and washer lights always came on together when the windscreen washer fluid was low. Some software glitch I never bothered to have sorted. May be a silly question but have you topped up the washer reservoir yet?

It sounds as though the dealer has given you more for your P/X (actually, near retail for the Astra) rather than come down on the sticker price. You can't win on both ends of the deal..

Get the coolant and washer reservoir filled up PDQ and if the lights go out then happy days.

Cheers,

Gaz

Last edited:
warning Lights went out for 3 weeks then came back on for one day and there off again now.

Hi everybody i cant help thinking i have overpaid for my c220 2002 merc estate with 120000 on the clock . it has two warning lights on but nothing wrong , sensors im told . coolant and windscreen washers . its in nice condition just a couple of bubbles round the number plate . i pxed a astra 1248 diesel estate with 120000 on the clock which i got £2400 for instead of about £1800 and i paid £2400 as well £4800 total , i reckon with getting xtra for astra still about £900 too much . i always do my homework after the event but would i have this lovely merc if i did.

You paid £2400 for a £2400 car, dealer copped your Astra for nothing.

Why come out of a 120k car for another 120k car??

02 plate c220 estate, with reasonable mileage in good conditon and full history id rate at about 2k maybe 2500

FWIW, I PX'd a 2001 67k mile S203 C270cdi elegance estate (2 owner, full MB service history) in March this year at an MB main agent, given £2650 against a 1 owner 57k mile 2008 S204 C220cdi Elegance estate with lots of toys for £15495. 4 years ago, when I bought the S203, I sold (privately) a 1.8 Astra estate with close to 80k miles but immaculate and fully serviced for £1600.

Thanks for the replys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom