What to make of this wheel alignment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horatio

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK, 190E
This is turning into a farce!

I went in for alignment with the steering wheel pointing to the left. Now it is pointing slightly to the right!

The front camber is a concern- they said this is not adjustable. I've read I can buy adjustment bolts but these only offer a slight amount of adjustability? I know that springs sagging can throw off the alignment but they are fairly new genuine parts so I doubt that could be a cause.

I noticed when I got home that they put W212 into the machine :doh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 74
Have they input the correct chassis details on the alignment machine? And have they loaded the car up as per the MB info?

Nick Froome

You need to take the car to a place that knows MB cars, such as Wheels in Motion at Chesham. They fitted camber bolts to my 211, which set everything right.

Take it back to who did it. It's not set up properly. My old W203 was done and all seemed smack on tbh. Few weeks later took her for MOT and inner edges of tyres scuffed out.

You won't need to buy the camber bolts.

You need to take the car to a place that knows MB cars, such as Wheels in Motion at Chesham. They fitted camber bolts to my 211, which set everything right.
Exactly what I've done, it's going in tomorrow. I was considering taking it back but I tend to think they will keep cocking it up and WiM are only a few junctions around the M25 from me. Cheers.

I took my R129 to a local place with a John Bean machine. I expressly told them I'd had the control arms replaced, and needed the camber adjusting.

He showed me the report, all over the place, and told me the camber wasn't adjustable on my model. So showed him where the new shiny camber adjustment bolts on the new shiny control arms were. :fail

Once these were adjusted it all came into spec nicely. :thumb:

It's all about the operator.

Last edited:
It's been to wheels in motion and is absolutely spot on now.

The front of the car sits visibly higher now so the camber must have been miles out. Must be a cm or two.

Glad to hear that you've got it sorted. Did they fit camber bolts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom