what tyres should i get

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigdom1957

Car
mercedes 220d cdi
youve most prob seen this one a million times ,got a c class 220 2015 ,continentals on the back allmost ready to change but seems continentals are thetyres for mercs , does anyone run differant ones , basicly there a soft tyre ,

My 204 C220 came on 16" Contisports, they were horrible, and on 16's the ride was too soft and imprecise. I changed to 17" rims and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics and have been delighted. Whisper quiet, good grip wet and dry, and wearing well. Not my first bad experience with contis - had some on the rear of my 968 coupe years ago, noisy and they wore out rather quickly (not, I hasten to add, due to my driving style!!). I also now have Goodyears front and rear of my 968 cab - Efficientgrips as they did not do 16" Eagles at the time. Equally happy with those. Just my two pennorth - others will have other ideas!

What size rims/tyres are you running?

its either avons at 226 quids and get a good responce from some garages , then pirellis at 232 quids but will have to find oiut if there as soft as continentals , mmm just dont know they come up as a,s in the wet and good low noise ,

Be wary of comparing tyres across sizes....

Wheel sizes make a big difference: good and bad. You need views about tyres on your size of rims. It doesn't make sense to compare one brand on 16 and another brand on 17.

Contisport are very common on Mercedes, Pirelli's are pretty popular, and then it's whatever the usual suspects (main dealers and Kwikfit) promote. That doesn't sound very scientific, but a lot of people just buy what they're offered.

I've used Contis and Pirellis and, tbh, I can't tell any difference.

Now rim sizes, and why I'll never buy a BMW with run flats ever again: that conversation will take about an hour and two pints of Peroni.

i have stock alloys on mine 17" so i went for pirelli P7 as i am get P zero for my new alloys when they arrive.

Always used them for my cars

Stick to the premium brands in MO fitment (which means they're designed and manufactured to Mercedes specification) and you can't really go wrong. Go for whichever brand offers the best deal, i.e. Continental, Michelin, or Pirelli.

If you're only changing two tyres, I would personally go with the same again, so I have matching tyres all round, and then switch brand or tread pattern when changing all four tyres.

yep decided im going for pirellis , got a deal . read up on the 2 i was going for they came out best ,

Whereabouts are you? The Pirelli Performance Centre in Burton upon Trent is good value and well worth a visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom