what's best for getting tar spots off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I use white spirit ...

It will strip the wax off though , so make sure you re-wax the area you are wiping with the white spirit ..

Good luck

H

I've heard that WD40 is great for dissolving tar spots

Russ

I agree, use a tar remover and then re-wax. Don't use thinners as it will damage the paint.

Hello

I use Autoglym tar remover works very well.

tar

Try using "Tardis" from Autosmart is very very good and so much cheaper!, available from your local autosmart rep, email through the website and they give you your local reps contact details

smiddyboy1

I got a free autoglym kit when subscribing to EVO mag (think it was that) and it comes with all sorts of autoglym stuff..

The tar remover last for ages and ages I still have over 3/4 left after a good few yrs :)

Cheers though

I have a small bottle of the Autoglym stuff, have had it for years.

Dont forget all these will remove the wax so do put some wax back on the area you have treated.:)

I use nothing but a clay bar plus lube to remove any tar spots. Gives and AMAZING finish especially on lower parts of doors etc which are often covered in brake debris and tar spots.

A little worrying at first thinking you're going to damage the paint, but the final finish is proper amazing.

http://zymol.co.uk/shop/item.asp?PID=1426&scID=6

I second the clay bar. I use Meguiars and it's great for removing tar. Paint feels squeaky clean afterwards.

Yes clay is excellent and I have been using this recently. It even shifts brake dust mess.

but do put some wax or acrylic sealant on after to protect the paint.

I have found butter to be very effective, and it's cheap! I wax the area afterwards and don't see any difference in finsh which I would expect from clay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom