Whats happen to you while your at work or a funny story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosso1

Car
SL500
I thought i would share a funny story while at work.
I called in a company to collect some of our vehicles that where due to go out for climate tests.
So the company in question sent in two vehicles transported with multi decks enclosed.
The first lorry arrived at least a hour before the second truck.
The first truck was already loaded so the driver of the first truck offered to help the second truck driver to load his unit.
When the second lorry driver had to adjust his decks he used a remote deck controller.
Now the fun began the decks did not sound or look like there where working, but we could hear the sound of breaking glass so we stopped straight away to investigate to our surprise the first truck decks had moved when the guy used the second trucks remote.:fail
This reminded me of the young kid on tv that used his dads remote on his toy car and it operated his garage door.
The drivers were stuck there with their mouth wide open when they saw the damaged caused.
Lucky for us the vehicles are covered on insurance however they are prototypes and are valued at a lot more than a standard car.
Whats happen to you while your at work?

I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee and asked the dealer to rectify a few issues before delivery, including repair the seat fabric on the driver's seat. They sent the seat away to a repairer, then asked their MOT inspector to MOT the vehicle. It failed the MOT because the tester could not drive the vehicle. How simple is that?

Too many incidents in a long career. One of the earliest was when I was an apprentice at the then Post Office (now BT) Research Station at Dollis Hill, North London in the early 60s. I'd heard that Churchill had an underground communications room there during WW2 so together with a couple of other apprentices we set out to find it one lunchtime.

We'd gone down a couple of floors below ground level but couldn't find any more stairs so we started to check out various rooms in an area that looked as though it had been used for many years. After a couple of dead ends I opened a door and stepped into the darkness whilst feeling around for a light switch. I'd found some stairs. They went down immediately from the door. I didn't see them. I went down rather rapidly, into water up to my waist. When the other eventually stopped laughing they dragged me out and helped me get back to my lab unnoticed by surrounding this saturated wretch.

I took my trousers off and hung them over a radiator to dry then sat at my bench with my lab coat on hoping to make it through the afternoon I observed. I swear to this day that one of my "friends" snitched on me because I was sent to the stores a few buildings away on several occasions that afternoon. You'd be amazed how cold the wind can be on the top of a North London hill.

Its funny how people can pick on the young apprentice.
Like asking them for a skirting board ladder and yellow stripped paint.
So what ones have you heard.

I was once dispatched to a supplier to fetch a long weight, I told them since it was long and heavy I'd need the truck, which I took straight to the pub. After an hour or so I called time and had family pick me up and take me home where I rang Forman and told him the long weight was on the back of the truck but it had broken down at the pub.

Seems W was quite easily able to upset people even then. Next day was cracker. Forman left soon after.

Last edited:
We sometimes run air reassurance tests after asbestos removal, which are collected by using small filters in an air pump

Every new guy I've had with me I've had running 'air tests'- which is running around a large room with a large bag collecting air and telling them to quickly tie the bag up for analysis

Also tricked the same newbies into jumping two foot in the air in large rooms up and down repeatedly to check if the floor is solid or hollow

When I first started work, our store man George would play tricks on people, including me, but the best one was a young lady who he sent to the paint merchant with the strict instruction to buy some tartan paint.

She returned with three tins of paint and said, 'Here you go. Mix it yourself'.

As a young engineer I was wary of the usual tricks...
A long stand....struggling bar....a box of assorted tappet clearances.
I did get caught however....I was told to work with a chap called Sam. I was told Sam was very hard of hearing and to speak up....Sam had been told the same about me. We were both shouting at each other for quite a while before the penny dropped.

I've posted this before but:

A few years ago when I was working in a customers house plastering a loft conversion. It was a Saturday morning, very hung over and tired. I needed the bathroom quickly and went to 'do the deed' so to speak.

Anyways, needless to say the lingering smell was not a pleasant one. Too embarrassed to leave it untreated I managed to find an aerosol behind the toilet to freshen the air. I closed my eyes and sprayed a very liberal amount around the (very large) bathroom for around 10 seconds.

I opened my eyes in horror to find out that the aerosol was indeed 'bathroom cleaning foam'!!!

I proceeded to spend the following 30 minutes polishing the tiled walls and floor with my beanie hat. By which time the plastering in the loft had set hard and took one hell of an effort to rectify.

All in all not the best days work I've ever done although the bathroom floor and walls ended up looking nicer than the plastering in the loft!!!

Ant.

WOODYTHEWISE said:
As a young engineer I was wary of the usual tricks... A long stand....struggling bar....a box of assorted tappet clearances. I did get caught however....I was told to work with a chap called Sam. I was told Sam was very hard of hearing and to speak up....Sam had been told the same about me. We were both shouting at each other for quite a while before the penny dropped.

That is absolute gold, I'm definitely using that

I got caught out once, when I was given a phone number of a client called Mr. C Lyon. The number turned out to be London Zoo. Three times I asked to speak to Mister Sea Lion before the penny dropped.

For those working on drilling rigs :

Take a bucket of water to the water table (which is at the top of the derrick, I have no idea why it's called the water table as there's no water up there!).

Find the key to the V door - always good for getting a trainee running all round the rig! (The V door is the V shaped opening on one side at the base of the derrick, through which equipment / pipes are brought to the rig floor).

Back In the day of crt tubes in computer terminals! We used to tell the new starters that the best way to discharge a used tube was to lick your finger and wipe it round the anode hole.

You always new who had done it. Hours later they still had every hair on their body standing up.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

mate of mine works for a car dealership, he's always pranking the other staff

one time one of the bosses was going to a meeting, my mate swapped the bosses' car for one that had been brought in for front end repairs, he changed the reg plates too

he said when the boss went out to "his car" the look on the guys' face was priceless

Without Prejudice!

In the late 70's, my wife worked in the Cabinet Offices, she was Tony Benn's and Michael Foot's secretary,
anyway, Christmas party at Millbank, all the MP's were drunk as skunks, and as I dont drink, I went walkabout, I came across a really old, low, narrow door,
when I opened it, it was a long down and up tunnel of course I went in.

When I surfaced the other end, I opened the door and end up in a room in........10 Downing street, top secret files all over the desks, unbelievable,
But I happened to return home and could not believe that a ream of the Prime Ministers headed paper found its way in to my jacket

The chaos I caused sending letters out you would not want to know....

Not myself, but our son's work experience was with TVR (a plum opportunity for boys at his school). On arrival, his supervisor asked him to 'pick up that wheel and move it over there'. Son did just that walked over and asked where to put it. No work experience lad had ever been able to lift the wheel before, but G was incredibly strong and a rugby player.

The only pranks I've ever played were very girl related. I was keen, as senior female, to encourage females on pipeline projects to become a team and not be intimidated by being so outnumbered. We had some fun at the expense of the chaps!

I joined a new team at work. Took me a few years to get into it but I was in . We had a shared mail box which held lets say sensitive information and peoples reports and so on and one off reports from external sources. Fast forward a couple weeks in to a frantic friday my mail box was full for my emails .... you can see whats going to happen here.

In my haste to rid my deleted emails and a few larger sent items I inadvertedly ended up in the shared mail box a quick hold shift and scroll to the bottom and a thump of the delete button i thought about my weekend plans to see all the shared inbox dissapear!

Needless to say it made its way to my deleted items managed to throw them back into the mail box which was a busy place come Friday afternoon it could have been so much worse!

Friday afternoons are certainly more calculated now

I do alot of "Key" jobs, where a landlord just hands you a set of keys to supposedly uninhabited properties - which are quite often lived in. So you can imagine ive seen a few things in my time walking in unannounced !!!

But the most outlandish thing that ive seen at work was a time a few years back I had a 18 stone of pure muscle, 6 foot 6 Transexual in 6 inch heels come in my shop and buy something. The next day when I went to deliver the item I knocked on the door (it was a upstairs flat with the entrance on the ground floor) I heard "Coming" then bump bump bump bump. The "Lady" had fallen down the stairs, breaking her/his leg and was in a crumpled heap wedged behind the door ! An ambulance was called and the Fire Brigade had to chop the front door down with fire axes !!!

When I was in the RAF Cadets pranks where a normal part of the training so you always had to be on the ball.

Anyway a new start had started earlier in the week and it was inspection time and he was sent to the store which was manned by one of the seniors to go get a fallopian tube and off he went lol

Mrs Ant has just reminded me of when I fractured my ankle when I was 19.

I was working on a building site (Redrow Homes). Walking across the site with my workmates to the car park. In the distance was a white polystyrene ball just a little bit smaller than a football. So, I broke into a jog, then went into a full pelt run, I put all my force into kicking the polystyrene as far as I could only to find that the 'ball' was indeed covering a 4" concrete stump. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

You can well imagine how much sympathy I recieved from my 'Mates'. Needless to say they never never brought it up at every opportunity in the following years. :rolleyes:

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom