What's Samsung warranty like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
So I have a Samsung note 4. I actually like the phone a lot even a year into owning it. Not bored of it at all the screen size is ideal to surf the net, use as a sat nav and stream movies etc. No real complaints with the phone design, however recently my phone has started to reboot whilst in the middle of using it (for example whilst texting or on ebay etc). When it boots back up the screen is pixelated for a minute or so. I have ruled out any software related issues as I have wiped the phone numerous times with no fix. This includes soft reset and hard reset.

I was wondering what Samsungs customer service is like and how does their warranty work? Anyone had any pervious experience. I do remember damaging my iPhone few years back and getting a brand new handset from Apple under warranty, was pretty pleased with how smooth the process was with apple, is Samsung the same?

Thanks for any advice.

Ooer! Hope you get a good result. I've got a Note 3, Note 4, and Note Tab 10.1 - I like notes! :D

I like notes! :D

That makes 2 of us lol :thumb: This is actually my first android after many iPhones, took a week to get used to the GUI etc but now I'm used to it don't think id ever go back to an iPhone.

You could try Smart Tutor, completely free the last time I used it.
Once connected, a tech expert will diagnose your device.

Play store…https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rsupport.rs.activity.rsupport.aas2.

Dec

Honestly dont think it could be diagnosed, I think it is more of a hardware related issue. As said above the phone has been reset to factory settings and everything has been wiped multiple times, this would surely have fixed the issue if it was software related. Going to try my luck with the customer service department first thing in the morning.
That said, I do appreciate your suggestion, it certainly is handy to know such service is available from the play store. :)

Sent a Galaxy Tab away via the local service centre, it came back about 3 weeks later.

Unfortunately during the repair they applied a firmware update which rendered the tablet unusuable. Persistent denials in the face of damning evidence, in the end I sideloaded the old software back on and sold the tablet on eBay.

Sent a Galaxy Tab away via the local service centre, it came back about 3 weeks later.

Unfortunately during the repair they applied a firmware update which rendered the tablet unusuable. Persistent denials in the face of damning evidence, in the end I sideloaded the old software back on and sold the tablet on eBay.

Sorry to hear about your experience, it surely makes me more reluctant to get in touch with them when hear of bad experiences.

Unfortunately, I have heard quite a few stories of poor service from their repairs team. Of course, it could be the usual thing of being weighted towards the negative, by a lack of those happy with a repair posting. Either way, it doesn't do much for one's confidence, or Samsung's reputation.

Just a thought, have you done a Web search to see if there are any reports of similar issues arising? It's always useful to see if it's a known problem, so you can direct the company you're dealing with towards the information.

I heard their service is hot! Explosive even :)

Sorry couldn't resist....

Unfortunately they do not provide a walk-in-walk out service that I am aware off. I'd be ready to get a cheap second phone for these occasions. That is why I keep my old phones. Although so far Apple has normally just swapped them out on a store visit. But I did have to use that for my original Galaxy which was gone for 4 weeks. And also with my Nokia which was gone for 10 days.

When my partners S6 had a screen fault, I returned it to Vodafone as it was 1 year 11 months old so covered under the standard 2 years warranty. They did a next day swap out.

When my partners S6 had a screen fault, I returned it to Vodafone as it was 1 year 11 months old so covered under the standard 2 years warranty. They did a next day swap out.

Great, but that is Vodafone warranty :thumb:

We have mostly company Apple phones, myself included. A few have Samsungs but not many - probably 5 in total.

I have to say, after the recent experience one of my guys had with three phones, I will never use nor recommend Samsung stuff again!

One had a charging problem but was damaged by the user in an attempt to get it to try and charge - so we took that on the chin and paid for that. Fair enough. However, the phone did have a charging problem originally.

But the other two should have been covered but we had to endure multiple phone calls, spending a long time on hold each time, Samsung arguing the toss about how the failures were not covered even though they couldn't possibly be, telling us we need to pay £199 + VAT to repair each phone (we had to pay the first one but a further £398 + VAT for the ones which should be covered - yeah right!), and eventually agreeing to repair the two under warranty.

Lots of aggro and these are Samsung S7 Edge phones - so not crap ones.

Utterly useless.

Even my own Samsung Galaxy S is more reliable that these it seems!

They seem to have "gone all MB" although maybe they always were but just used to make better products so you never needed to contact them.

Apple on the other hand are a breath of fresh air.

Great, but that is Vodafone warranty :thumb:

No, its Samsungs, but as I bought them off Voda they have to repair/replace.

Its the same for all equipment, if I buy a HP laptop from HP, then HP have to repair, as I buy them through an authorised re-seller its them who have to repair or replace the hardware.

Apart from Servers, all repairs are carried out within 4 hours by HP.

No, its Samsungs, but as I bought them off Voda they have to repair/replace.

Its the same for all equipment, if I buy a HP laptop from HP, then HP have to repair, as I buy them through an authorised re-seller its them who have to repair or replace the hardware.

Apart from Servers, all repairs are carried out within 4 hours by HP.

The point was; it was Vodafone who swapped it next day. Not Samsung. If you go as a consumer directly to Samsung you do not get that service.

Now if you bought your iPhone with John Lewis but take it to Apple you do get that service. You don't have to go through John Lewis despite the contract being with the retailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom