What's the cheapest CLS Lease Deal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyl999

I am considering leasing a CLS 350 CDI shooting brake, I have already leased my wife's SLK 250 CDI which was £38K list and we pay £248/mth plus VAT for a 10,000mile 24 mths deal.

The reason I ask is that the above SLK deal was not advertised and had to be negotiated by pointing out the MB Liverpool lease deal to my local dealer who then matched it.

This time I am after a 15,000 mile P/A 24mth deal

I want leasing as checking with What Car the CLS depreciates from £53K to £33K in the first 12 mths, something I would want to avoid.

Your help would be appreciated!

Please excuse my ignorance, but does leasing limit one to the base spec models, or can you choose any engine & spec?

You can choose your own spec if the car is to be built for your order.
If pre-stock, then you still have some choice, but that is limited to what they actually have.

That's a good price

Airmatic, sunroof and memo seats a must

Might be worth you doing some intensive research on the internet and taking the best price to your local dealer to see if they can match. I purchased my 250 sport saloon this way back in December and got a cracking deal. These models aren't shifting as quick as MB would like so there's usually a good deal to be had and plenty of stock with differing spec levels.

contracthireandleasing.com is the place to look. I am interested in a CLS next, my current car a C250 CDI AMG Sport plus is leased. Works out cheaper than purchasing on some cars and leave money to use on the business. I wouldnt spend that sort of money anyway unless its a lease. Rather buy weekend cars that dont depreciate or very slowly.

Please excuse my ignorance, but does leasing limit one to the base spec models, or can you choose any engine & spec?

The headline deals are typically on specific models with specific option packages. Adding to the spec isn't normally a problem but typically bumps up the price disproportionately. The options are basically depreciated at a high rate (up to 100% :eek:) over the duration of the contract.

So a deal on a car at say £299/month over 3 years on a 6+35 deal might look OK. Total cost: £12259. Add £5K of options (memory seats, some wood trim, heated steering wheel, whatever)? Well chances are the deal will cost £17259 over than time because they'll depreciate them 100% over the three years. On a £30K car those options increased the price to £35K - ie. 16%. That monthly £299 goes up by goes up to £420 - ie. 40% increase in what you pay.

thanks

Into the dealer today with some alternative pricing, looks like the best is £380/mth 10,000 miles/yr for a 350 shooting brake?

So far as spec goes I normally just look what is in stock (selecting the engine of course) and make my judgement on that, we did this with my wife's SLK and yes it can be annoying to her that she doesn't have parking sensors, but as I said to her does she want her Mini Cooper Diesel back?

Interestingly enough you would think that a Mini Cooper Diesel would be cheap to own? Not necessarily so, we got one at £22K new ran it for two years 20,000 miles and struggled to get £10,600 for it £11,400 depreciation in 2 yrs that's £475/mth alone on depreciation! My wife can tell you the SLK is a better drive and at only £250 ish/mth (on lease), at the end of the two years we just hand it back no stress with trying to part Ex or sell it?

Thanks again for all your help......................

Agreed! The reason I took my SLK on lease was exactly as you said - it would have lost considerably more in depreciation over two years than the cost of the lease. (plus as a business lease the payments can be claimed as a business expense) :)

I've never leased before, but so far I can't see any reason not to do it again next year when this one ends.

Last edited:
steady on bps, i got told off for even suggesting that perfectly legitimate line of reasoning... :rolleyes:

Not quite true.

You took a rather simplistic and dogmatic position that leasing a car and putting it through the business was always cheaper.

Some of us were trying to point out that this wasn't always the case depending on the vehicle and the costs and the usage.

You never quite got it.

Clearly you still don't. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom