What's the difference between avant-garde and elegance specifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sparky 371

Especially pertaining to an E class. Around an 03/04 especially.

I know that the wood effect Is different and I am led to believe that the suspension is sportier on the AG

I am sure this has been asked lots of times before but if you could bear with me being a relative newbie here :thumb:

Xenon headlamps versus Halogen headlamps.
Blue tinted glass versus Green tinted glass

Especially pertaining to an E class. Around an 03/04 especially.

I know that the wood effect Is different and I am led to believe that the suspension is sportier on the AG

I am sure this has been asked lots of times before but if you could bear with me being a relative newbie here :thumb:

from memory
tinted windows are blue on AG and green on elegance
seats are sportier on AG
front spoiler is more pronounced on AG
wood is black wood on AG
sport suspension on AG
sportier wheels and lower profile tyres...i think the wheel size might be a little larger too
Oh xenons on AG also - thanks Bobby Dazzler!
(i had a 2004/05 E200k estate)

Hello, as above/below, plus:

the interior colour options are limited.. ie the top dash, headlining and upper door plastics are in black, and the colour choice is on the lower part... so a more dramatic colour contrast than the subtle two toning effect of lighter shades, if chosen on the elegance.

cheers!

Xenons were standard on Avantgarde and an extra on Elegance on the 211 series. On the 212 series, Xenons are standard on the AG but not on the SE.
AG had the suspension lowered 15mm compared with Elegance but on AG you could opt for 'comfort suspension' which was standard on the Elegance version.

Avant-garde = LED brakelights

Tyre size on my 2003 one were 225/55/16, 17 inch were probably an option, they could have come standard on the facelift as my current on has 17s.

Headlining on my 2007 is light grey - with black interior, 2003 had a light grey interior and same headlining.

As Xenons are standard on Avantgarde, by law it will come with headlamp wash and auto levelling.

Another difference between the AG ans ELE on pre face lift 211s is the sill cover , there rounded on the ELE and on the AG they flare out at the ends .
Also brushed alloy on the clock sourounds and the gear selector soruound .
AGs also came with half leather as standered , where ELE have cloth as standered with MB text and leather as options , MB text is not available on the AG .

Xenons are optional on both

:doh: on the W210 yeah , W211 avantgarde had them as standard.

W210 was suppose to have them as standard on the Avantgarde too , but it was pulled :):(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom