Wheel fitting guides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s4rap

Car
2001 clk 430
HI all, looking at buying some wheel fitting guide rods to make it easier to refit the summer alloys.Anyone else bought some and how many should I buy.Car is clk430 fitted with the amg alloys thanks.

About £3 from MB.

You only change one wheel at a time, so just buy the one?

I think the idea is that it is a little easier to fit the wheel if using two guides at opposite corners rather than just one.

Corners on a circle?? :) :)

I understand what you mean ;) MB only supply one in the tool roll. Must admit to have never used it. The instructions imply one rotates the axle to get the fixing tool upper most position, so the wheel hangs and aligns.

I'd imagine with two rods, diametrically opposed, would require one to carefully offer up the wheel to align with both. With just the one at the top one can more easily hit the right spot, so to speak?

I never used mine either because my 205/55x16 wheels/tyres are small and lightweight enough for me to be able to do this without asistance. But I can see this being an issue with bigger / heavier / wider wheels and tyres.

The reason I think that two guides might work better than one is because my own experience is that it is easier to fit wheels on hubs with studs and then apply the nuts (a rare configuration these days).

Used mine when I refurbed my wheels. Makes it much easier.

As stated by whitenemesis insert into the bolt hole at the top of the hub, slide the wheel onto it and insert the wheel bolts. I would imagine that using two would make it more difficult as you would then need to align two of the wheel holes onto them. Using just one allows for a little movement in order to align the other bolt holes for inserting the bolts, while the wheel is hanging on just the one.

Very easy using just 1. Agree with the above comments regarding use of 2.

Thanks to all replys,I do indeed have one in the tool roll! Never new what it was for :doh::bannana::bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom