Wheel offset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MartynS6

Car
2017 c250 estate 4 matic
I have a 2017 C250 Estate 4matic. I believe that the wheels for this application are Front-7.5J x 18 x et44 and Rear- 8.5J x 18 x et49. Can 8.5J x 18 x et 56 be fitted to rear? (I can get a deal on this size).

The ET56 wheels will be 7mm closer to the hub than the recommended ET49 rims.
They will probably fit, but if you find the wheel is too close to the hub/caliper/suspension strut, you may need to get some 10mm hubcentric spacers. Check also the bolt length is long enough if you use a spacer.

how do you find out about the dimensions of the rim's ? if buying aftermarket ones off set etc
I am on 18's for my AMG 220 model 205

Google "wheel size calculator", all the details are on there, but obviously not whether they will fit or not...

but how do I find out the ET on my specific car ? I know my rear is 8.5 j and front 7.5 j

I wouldn't go buying any rims that have an incorrect offset (ET number) stick with what was developed for the car especially on the front otherwise your steering scrub radius geometry will be out which will affect the steering feel and stability especially if the rims were wider than stock. Also as mentioned above the rear track with the ET56's would be narrower, not the best of things to do. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom