1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Wheel tyre advice wanted

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by ashenfie, Feb 1, 2017.

1. ashenfie

ashenfie Active Member

Car:
    Merc C180 1.6
    I have a merc c180 w204 1.6cgi.

You may have seen that I have just put my winter tyres on, but I am looking ahead now.

I want to get some 18" wheels, from the stock 16" 205's. Looking at the advice and a good link provided I want to stay inline with stock options so for me it makes most sense to stay with 225/40 R18 so the rim is 8x17 ET45 5x112 72.5 which looks a good match. I think 19" would look odd without lowering the car and be a hard ride too.

I have seen some Borbet LS2 that look a good match, is that a good brand. I not going races or doing track days, so it more a question will they last?