Wheel wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigdrew

Car
Ml350 bluetec clk220 CDi w209 amg styling 18in amg wheels cla 220cdi amg sport c class w205 amg line
Hi can does anyone know a good wheel wax for blackAnd polished wheels

I'd use a ceramic coating myself but if you want to use a wax/sealant go for a pot of Finish Kare 1000p.

The pot will last longer than the car.

I use Collinite 915, brake dust just wipes away...

I used the Gtech C5 wheel sealant, easy to use and seems to provide decent results. Not 100% sure whether it is worth it in terms of keeping the wheels cleaner, they still get dirty easily and require washing, not just rinsing off.

I use Poorboys wheel sealant pretty good stuff

The silica oxide nanotechnology coatings like Gtechniq C5 are definitely the way to go if you are after longevity. I'd steer you to CarPro CQuartz DLUX, it does exactly the same job as C5 but costs less for double the amount. The gloss it leaves on the wheels is immense. It also offers great UV protection for your exterior trim and will even restore faded and powdery trim to an as-new finish. I coated 4 complete 18-inch wheels and all my outside trim and still have half the bottle left.

CarPrp DLUX Website

I've now applied Race Glaze Nano Wheel sealant to all our cars, 4 in total, one of which is raced, and the stuff is dead easy - spray on, wait 2 minutes, buff off. You can feel how slick the finish is, much easier to clean and only a tenner. Seems to last very well too.

The silica oxide nanotechnology coatings like Gtechniq C5 are definitely the way to go if you are after longevity. I'd steer you to CarPro CQuartz DLUX, it does exactly the same job as C5 but costs less for double the amount. The gloss it leaves on the wheels is immense. It also offers great UV protection for your exterior trim and will even restore faded and powdery trim to an as-new finish. I coated 4 complete 18-inch wheels and all my outside trim and still have half the bottle left.

CarPrp DLUX Website

How does the application process compare to Gtech?

How does the application process compare to Gtech?

You use DLUX in exactly the same way as Gtechniq C5 as they are essentially the same thing. You get several suede applicators in the kit. If you don't wash them out in warm soapy water immediately after use they will dry rock hard. Some consider them sacrificial but I'm a tightwad. As always, the end result is dictated by how meticulously you have cleaned your wheels prior to application. Only wipe on the thinnest of coatings. If you slather it on you will just be buffing most of it off again once cured. It makes a covalent bond with the wheel lacquer so follow the "less is more" principle.

2 coats of poorboys on wear wheels and 3 coats on the front then a couple of coats of Collinite 915 over the top. Takes awhile but seems to allow the brake dust just to wipe off

Mint rims. I've used it for ages. Brilliant

maxresdefault.jpg

Gtechniq C5 .... then another sealant or wax on top. Works a treat... last more than 6 months.
Regular jet spray removes all brake dust easily.

Any general half decent wax sealant does the job.Have used Collinite 845.

You use DLUX in exactly the same way as Gtechniq C5 as they are essentially the same thing.

I really struggle with C5 to see where it's being applied.

Thanks for suggestion of DLUX - I think C5 does its job well but for someone like me who is not a detailing fanatic it's painfully expensive, I'm always terrified in case I knock the bottle over!

This thread reads like a womans face cream scientific journal, FFS.

Whats wrong with standard run of the mill halfords wax? Nothing lasts forever with keeping wheels clean because of the conditions they live in, so polish every so often dependent on your wear and taear rate and voila, clean and shiny wheels. £50 for this tub, £28 for that tub then a sealant on top and four hours polishing, blah blah. Load of tosh. :wallbash:

zoros said:
This thread reads like a womans face cream scientific journal, FFS. Whats wrong with standard run of the mill halfords wax? Nothing lasts forever with keeping wheels clean because of the conditions they live in, so polish every so often dependent on your wear and taear rate and voila, clean and shiny wheels. £50 for this tub, £28 for that tub then a sealant on top and four hours polishing, blah blah. Load of tosh. :wallbash:

To be fair it is in the detailing part of the forum. If it's not your cup of tea why read it. There seems to be quite a few aggressive looking posts on here lately. I don't get it

@ zoros.
I can't see what is wrong with a technical discussion regarding the merits of various products. Afterall, the posts are appearing in a sub-forum in the Technical section of the board. If the thread offends your sensibilities why not simply skip over it rather than disrespect your fellow forumites who are interested in discussing a topic at a more intellectual level than you are comfortable with.

If somebody has dropped £50k on acquiring a prestige marque perhaps the cost of the detailing products is not of primary importance. Maybe they have visited the Detailing section to acquire knowledge or deisseminate it for the collective benefit of others. To avoid any embarassment, you may do well to heed Mark Twain who was attributed with the quote:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Just saying....:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom