Wheeler Dealer New Series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Starts Monday 23rd March on Discovery :thumb:

Is it not just a US version?

Maybe the UK version is still to come?

On the site it seems to be a mix of UK and US cars/restos.

Last edited:
Apparently they are more interested in selling the programmes to the states where there's more money

Let's face it they make sweet FA selling the cars if you factor in labour costs.

I hope its in £ and not U.S. $
That was annoying in WD trading up.

All going to be in $$$ and will cater for the US audience.

No longer care for the viewers who got them through the past 12 years it would seem.

Trading up was terrible.

One of my favourite programs but as Ed gives all his labour for free it is not really in the real world.

One of my favourite programs but as Ed gives all his labour for free it is not really in the real world.

In the early shows, you could argue that the repairs were achievable by a DIY mechanic and that was the aim of the show, so labour would/should not come into it.

The newer the shows, the more advanced the equipment, some of which is way out of the reach of small garages, let alone a DIY mechanic.

The format of the show remained the same - the whole point being to make a profit, however no one would ever spend so many man hours for very few £/hour or even a loss. And then the profit needs to be split with Mike.

Even though it's unrealistic because of the above, I still watch it :D

I agree with KHZ that trading up was the worst thing to use the WD name

Even though it is now in foreign lands yanky tanks I will be watching. I do find Mr Brewer quiet funny :)

So let's see what we have:
1. WD for US audience - Discovery (BORING)
2. TG - Youtube / Dave (BORING)
3. 5th Gear - Youtube (BORING)
4. Fast N'Loud -Discovery (Horrible)
5. Chasing classic cars -Discovery (US again - BORING)

NOTHING!!!

Chasing classics is alright once you get used to it, down to earth and the bloke (Wayne) knows his stuff.

NOTHING!!!
:D

tve18540-22-256.jpg

Last edited:

NOTHING!!!

New series of 5th Gear is on History Channel and seems to be one of the better views in your list above, imo of course

Chasing classics is alright once you get used to it, down to earth and the bloke (Wayne) knows his stuff.

Yup I've been recording that ... some quite interesting cars.

The Motors TV (?) Freeview channel has a lot of motorsport - was watching the Goodwood meeting on that last night.

New series of 5th Gear is on History Channel and seems to be one of the better views in your list above, imo of course

I just watched the first & second episode of the new 5th gear series where Tiff Needell and Formula E driver Karun Chandhok tested the Ferrari, Aston, amg & jaguar.

For me anyway Karun was a little wooden to start with but seemed to get into it after a while in fact the amg v jaguar bits were quite entertaining.

I have set the planner so I can watch as and when but it made a nice change from Jason Potatoe and Tiff Needell constantly trying to do the top gear banter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom