Wheels black or silver?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben320cdi

Car
E350cdi
I have recently purchased an E350 cab in white with 19" wheels. The previous owner appears to have a coming together with some pot holes so I have inherited two slightly buckled wheels. All repairable I'm pleased to say. But I have been asked what colour I would like my wheels after the repair as I decided to have all four smartened up. I hadn't really thought abut a colour change before. I have seen a few white cars with black wheels so I thought I get a few opinions. I don't want to limit my market when it comes to selling the car on. So all opinions appreciated.
Thanks in advance.:D

Black for chavs
Silver always stays classy

These were black, totally ruined the car, so I did them in shadow candy silver and they look very nice. Not boring silver but also not grey or anthracite as again that's not right for this car/ wheel.

Last edited:
Keep it original - silver hands down, I for one am always put off cars with after market mods albeit a simple colour change on wheels.

50-50 split then really lads. I'm still on the fence. I do agree there is something to be said for not messing with something that looks good on the first place. Equally the black against white is very popular at the moment. Her indoors says silver as we had a silver anniversary golf a few years ago with black wheels and tints and the reason we sold it is because she said she felt like a boy racer. I did point out to her at the time that the car was bought to sell on and had she not driven it I would have. She still hung on to it for four years. Bless her.

What about gun metal colour. Looks great imho

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

When I applied the primer to my '744 silver' car's wheels, I liked it so much that I finished them in...

Gloss grey!

I assume they're 19" AMGs , why have classy wheels and paint them black so they look like plain shapeless discs ???????

White car, black wheels shouts "look at me, I'm a k*ob with a Merc"!
That's what it says to me anyway, no matter what the owners think.

Russ

I like black wheels as long as they have a chrome rim to break it up, too muck otherwise in my opinion

Black with a diamond-cut rim looks nice with a white car. My car is diamond white, and came with Anthracite 10 spokes, and in my opinion the colour combo just didn't work. Black wheels work well on my car because of the black panoramic sunroof and glasshouse, and carbon bits. On all white car? Hmm. On balance, yes as long as rims are diamond cut. Let's face it, white is hardly a low profile colour anyway, is it?. It is a bit chavvy, but so are AMG saloons anyway - I can live with it. On a regards E350 it might look a little odd.

PrxM9w

Regards;
Alex

Last edited:
I have recently purchased an E350 cab in white with 19" wheels. The previous owner appears to have a coming together with some pot holes so I have inherited two slightly buckled wheels. All repairable I'm pleased to say. But I have been asked what colour I would like my wheels after the repair as I decided to have all four smartened up. I hadn't really thought abut a colour change before. I have seen a few white cars with black wheels so I thought I get a few opinions. I don't want to limit my market when it comes to selling the car on. So all opinions appreciated.
Thanks in advance.:D
Gunmetal for me ,never liked white car with black wheels.

ForumRunner_20161127_212607.jpg

So after much contemplation and input from the lads on here. I didn't do either. I had such high quotes for refurbishment of my original wheels plus needing tyres I didn't bother. It worked out cheaper for me to replace with aftermarket alloys and tyres as a package. I know this will split opinion on here but what the hell. I still have the originals wrapped up and stored so nothing is irreversible. I have attached a picky be kind! I like them plus the 30mm H&R drop. She's all ready for the run down to Benz on the Green in May. Praying for sun shine.

Attachments

• file-1.jpg
    file-1.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom