Wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
This S-Class looks very tidy, but are those wheels original? They do look a bit small. I realise this gives a better ride, but given that the car's got airmatic it seems a curious combination.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707197515663

Cheers,

Gaz

I recognise them but can't think what they are from. I don't recall seeing them on a W220 before - maybe an ancient S Class?

These were the standard cooking wheels on the S which I have seen the most and I think are 16":

Mercedes~S-Class~(1).jpg

They look similar to the ones you can get on a basic 211

I believe they are oem fitment on the w220. However I'm fairly sure they are 100% povo spec wheels.

I know what they are from - a cooking W211 E Class!

There was one near my road once on a 54 plate in black.

Probably fitted with S Class-size 16" tyres instead.

They look similar to the ones you can get on a basic 211

I know what they are from - a cooking W211 E Class!

There was one near my road once on a 54 plate in black.

Probably fitted with S Class-size 16" tyres instead.

I know the wheels you guys are both thinking of but as Gunning says they're not 211 wheels on the car in the link.

The 211 wheels were known as Tolimans and were fitted to 211 classic models, I think they also did a similar style wheel for the SLK 170s too? People used to fit them to other MBs because of the basic design and they were very light :)

I know the wheels you guys are both thinking of but as Gunning says they're not 211 wheels on the car in the link.

The 211 wheels were known as Tolimans and were fitted to 211 classic models, I think they also did a similar style wheel for the SLK 170s too? People used to fit them to other MBs because of the basic design and they were very light :)

Yep, sub 7kg 16x7.5J on the 211.

Those on the OP's S-Class are a standard issue & forged 16x7.5J, sub 8kg.

The car does look well...but doesn't have memory seats as stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom