Where are my spare keys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine were in the drawer in the bottom of our bookcase. Do you have a drawer in a bookcase?

A bookcase with a drawer. There’s posh.

If I'm going on holiday and driving a long way from home, I take the spare key with me. I found it in the suite case pocket once.

If the car is being serviced do you give them the spare key ?
I've looked in the suite case because I do what you do. Didn't give them to the mechanic either.

IMG_0416.jpg
Well they weren't on my rack 2 years ago, and I've just checked again now. The names may have changed (to protect the innocent), but no extra keys are there....I'd have noticed:rolleyes:
My spares are all in a very safe place, but if I told you where I'd have to shoot you....

Hi,
Pull out bottom drawer of any chest of drawers - look behind to see if they have dropped out of any of the drawers and fallen down the back.
We have found loads of missing things and documents that way!
Cheers
Steve

Never mind where they are, why did you need to move the spare keys in the first place. Have a think and see if it jogs your memory. Maybe you are using the spares and have misplaced the ones you normally use..

Hi,
Pull out bottom drawer of any chest of drawers - look behind to see if they have dropped out of any of the drawers and fallen down the back.
We have found loads of missing things and documents that way!
Cheers
Steve
That's a brilliant idea Steve, don't suppose you would mind having another look at the bottom of your chest of draws to see if my keys are there?

Found them.

hahaha. Fair enough. They were in SWMBO's "spare" hand bag. The one she took when we went on holiday in May: the one I asked her to put the spare keys in just in case the parking service at Manc airport lost the one I gave them and THE HAND BAG SHE SAID SHE HAD CHECKED LAST WEEK WHEN I FIRST ASKED HER. :mad::wallbash:

From my experience ( of 3 wives ) you can check a woman's hand bag 3 times and still not find the entire contents

View attachment 72383
Well they weren't on my rack 2 years ago, and I've just checked again now. The names may have changed (to protect the innocent), but no extra keys are there....I'd have noticed:rolleyes:
My spares are all in a very safe place, but if I told you where I'd have to shoot you....
Not one of my keys to any of my vehicles (or property doors) are displayed like this anywhere in my house. Everyone has there own way of keeping track of keys but IMHO leaving them hanging like this is just too easy.

Not one of my keys to any of my vehicles (or property doors) are displayed like this anywhere in my house. Everyone has there own way of keeping track of keys but IMHO leaving them hanging like this is just too easy.

That's right! Too easy to see if they are there or not.
Last year when I was away for just a couple of days we were burgled whilst my wife and dogs were watching TV downstairs. They broke in through a bedroom window, found a safe hidden in a wardrobe, ripped it out and launched it on to the driveway. Got away with most of my wife's jewellery.
Maybe I should have left them in there?o_O
Absolutely true!

That's right! Too easy to see if they are there or not.
Last year when I was away for just a couple of days we were burgled whilst my wife and dogs were watching TV downstairs. They broke in through a bedroom window, found a safe hidden in a wardrobe, ripped it out and launched it on to the driveway. Got away with most of my wife's jewellery.
Maybe I should have left them in there?o_O
Absolutely true!
I am glad your wife did not get hurt in that unfortunate incident. The bad guys must have been really quiet and the safe not particularly well secured (my safes will not come away without some serious violence being employed). Always a good idea to have more than one safe, both in different locations.

We all have different ways of securing our valuables usually based on bitter experience either our own or that of family and friends. Stay safe (pun intended) :thumb:

Spares are in Mrs Mirror’s purse.

hahaha. Fair enough. They were in SWMBO's "spare" hand bag. The one she took when we went on holiday in May: the one I asked her to put the spare keys in just in case the parking service at Manc airport lost the one I gave them and THE HAND BAG SHE SAID SHE HAD CHECKED LAST WEEK WHEN I FIRST ASKED HER. :mad::wallbash:
Told you so ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom