Where to find offset on wheel - does the wheel need to come off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swotty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 CL600
Hi,

2003 W215 CL600

Still looking to upgrade the current wheels from 18" to 19" but some alloy wheel sites say an offset of ET35 will fit fine, even though the chart on here shows an ET of 44 front and 46 rear for the car

Where will I find the ET stamped on the wheels, please? Can't see anything from the kerbside ........ are they stamped on the reverse of the spokes or elsewhere? Do I have to take the wheels off or is there an easier and more cunning way?

Current wheels are Merc OE Difda.

Thanks,

Stuart

It's on the inside of one of the spokes of your wheels, along with things like the MB part number (on a different spoke).

If you're very lucky and can read mirrir writing, you might be able to poke a mirror between the spokes and read it - but if the inside of your wheels is like mine, you'll need to remove a wheel and clean it before you can read any of the info there!!

Thanks - that did seem favourite.

Yes, they're filthy, so I'm probably looking to have to take the wheels off - but worth trying a mirror - thanks for the tip!

Stuart

If you have same size all round you only need to take one off, but if you've got a staggered setup it's one front, one rear.

Thanks - seems to be staggered .... I've seen 8J + 9J quoted and also 8.5J and 9.5J. Currently running 245/45/18 and 265/40/18 which seems to be the stock fitment. Guess I need to take 2 off!

Stuart

Yep, you have staggered rims. One off the front and back unfortunately.

Thanks - going to invest in a gun to run off the air compressor, to make the job easier - saw one in Lidl recently and passed it up ......... grrrr!

Stuart

Thanks - going to invest in a gun to run off the air compressor, to make the job easier - saw one in Lidl recently and passed it up ......... grrrr!

Stuart

Good plan.:thumb: I'd use a torque wrench to check the bolts on reassembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom