Which C class from this list of 4 for sale?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WantaMerc

Car
BMW
Hi guys

Which C class would you pick from the below 4:

Mercedes-Benz C Class 2.1 C220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport 7G-Tronic 4dr

Mercedes-Benz C Class 2.1 C200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport 7G-Tronic 4dr

Mercedes-Benz C Class 2.1 C200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport 7G-Tronic 4dr

Mercedes-Benz C Class C250 AMG Sport Plus BLUETOOTH & SAT NAV PREP 2.2 4dr

Personally I like the last one the "AMG Sport Plus" but its a tad out my price range and the miles are also putting me off..

Any advice welcome!

Thanks.

Definitely the last one.

How is it out of your price range? It's only a tenner more than the first and third??

Even the worst negotiator could get that off, surely!

Mileage is of little consequence because of the vastly superior spec/looks, but we're talking 19k, not 30k, so on the balance of specs and residuals, I think it'd be a winner.

The 250 is only a slightly more? offer them your max and they might take it?

The alcantara middle is a huge upgrade over the cloth, extra power is nice too.

Don't get the 200, 136bhp will just feel underpowered in a W204.

Last edited:
100% the last one, I have a c200. It's 'quick', quicker than a golf gtdi or an a3 tdi sport but you'll always want that bit more oomph.

Go for the 250. If you're not doing plenty of miles and usage everyday, then go for a petrol. I seriously wish I bought a C63 instead as I simply don't use this diesel enough

I'd consider the 1st and 3rd as lower mileage and comand. If power is you main consideration then the 250. But I don't think you will arrive any sooner just maybe in front.

100% the last one, I have a c200. It's 'quick', quicker than a golf gtdi or an a3 tdi sport but you'll always want that bit more oomph.

Not being funny but there is no way a C200 Cdi is as quick as a Golf GTD the Golf has 50bhp more and is 1.6 seconds quicker to 60 mph.

The 250 is the only car to go for from the OP list

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think everyone has said to go for the 250. Are the miles on it not concerning given its done 60K miles?

In terms of price my upper limit is £13K and I was hoping to negotiate the other cars down to around 13K. But have been told that "Big Motoring World" (sellers of the 250) never negotiate on price but instead add an extra £150 admin fee on sales. Which is another thing that was putting me off it.

But have been told that "Big Motoring World" (sellers of the 250) never negotiate on price but instead add an extra £150 admin fee on sales. Which is another thing that was putting me off it.

From their website:
All cars sold are subject to a buyers fee of £196.39
so on that basis I would avoid them myself..

Not being funny but there is no way a C200 Cdi is as quick as a Golf GTD the Golf has 50bhp more and is 1.6 seconds quicker to 60 mph.

The 250 is the only car to go for from the OP list

I think the reference was to the previous golf GDTi, a series 4 or 5 model with either 110 or 130 both have less torgue that the c200cdi

Before you consider big motoring world do some reviews on them. I've never purchased there so only going on heresay but never heard any good things about them.

Everyone negotiates on price even if they say they don't. If they won't just walk away plenty more cars out there and at a price you are willing to pay.

The twice ive been told no negotiation I just shake thier hand tell them they are not the type of trader I want to deal with and walk away. Never got through the gate yet.

I think the reference was to the previous golf GDTi, a series 4 or 5 model with either 110 or 130 both have less torgue that the c200cdi

Mk 5 had 150 bhp but then you are comparing cars from different generations and technology moves on. When judged against thier peers MB diesels are still poor in terms of both power and refinement that crown definitely belongs to BMW so why anyone would even consider a 204 over a 3 series Beemer is beyond me

Mk 5 had 150 bhp but then you are comparing cars from different generations and technology moves on. When judged against thier peers MB diesels are still poor in terms of both power and refinement that crown definitely belongs to BMW so why anyone would even consider a 204 over a 3 series Beemer is beyond me

Think I have my mk 4s and 5 muddled, the 97-04 model gtdi was available with either 130 or 150 bhp.
Regarding reference to c class v series 3, there is no logical explanation to people choice, but some base choice on different parameters of course.

flango said:
Not being funny but there is no way a C200 Cdi is as quick as a Golf GTD the Golf has 50bhp more and is 1.6 seconds quicker to 60 mph. The 250 is the only car to go for from the OP list

Mk4 Golf mate, 130bhp (IIRC) and the Audi A3 tdi (03 plate pre-FL) I had before the MB was the same. My C200 definitely feels much quicker than both of those

The other version of the golf was the 150bhp I think

... Infact now I'm thinking, wasn't the 'GTDi' the quicker one with six speed and the GT TD the lower bhp one with 5 gears?

The gtdi 94-97 ish was 110 bhp, the later 6speed models were 130 or 150.After 2004 the mark 5 used the 2litre tdi with 140 and maybe the 170 bhp was also available.

geraldrobins said:
The gtdi 94-97 ish was 110 bhp, the later 6speed models were 130 or 150.After 2004 the mark 5 used the 2litre tdi with 140 and maybe the 170 bhp was also available.

Yeah you're right, I was looking at the mk5 170 before I bought the MB

You can't compare a 2004 Golf GTD to a 2012 C200 though of course the C200 is quicker and a better car.

But a MK7 Golf GTD would kill a C200 and it's better screwed together too. I've just had a GTD loan car from VW motorsport stage 1 remap to 238 bhp and across country and on the twisties I'd put it up against anything even a Beemer 330d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom