Which Engine Oil?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Grumpyoldgit Thank you for sharing such useful and helpful information, it can be mind boggling trying find the right oil/maker, but your links have made it so much easier thanks.

Now where do you get the oil?

I know I need an oil of specification 228.51 and I see the list of oil companies who have oil of this specification. The only problem I have is finding ANY of these oils on sale anywhere. I live in France. Any ideas?
Why, for example, don't Mercedes follow the ACEA specifications?

Confused!

Dear MB Club friends,

I need help. I have a 2013 MERCEDES C220 CDI BLUEEFFICIENCY EXEC SE with 42k miles on it. The car has been serviced always by Halfords. As my MoT approaches I decided to do my oil/maintenance part shopping myself. My question is regarding the oil to use. I would like to use Mobil 1 but am unsure as which oil should I use.

The price difference on various grades is significant and also price is different on eurocarparts and amazon. Some help with this is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi my friends
I'm a new member, I have a mb c350 blue efficiency CGI , 276 , 2012

My Question:

How much need my engine for oil motor???
6.5L , 7L or 8Liter ???

Thanks for answer

Hi my friends
I'm a new member, I have a mb c350 blue efficiency CGI , 276 , 2012

My Question:

How much need my engine for oil motor???
6.5L , 7L or 8Liter ???

Thanks for answer
Please answer me, I need help you

Hi all

just a quick question, on a w211 e55 with around 83k on the clock which oil should I use, MB recommend mobil1 0-40w, does this mean mobil1 new life ? If not which 1, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mobil 1 new life meets MB spec 229.5 so it will be fine for MB's with petrol engines and diesels that don't have a DPF.

I would recommend Fuchs oils. I am using it since few good years. My older W203 with M111 non kompressor engine done 300 000KM with oil change interval of 10 000km since 120 000km. We had a car for about 9 years and still si going strong never let me down apart of the fuel pump which went dead. Currently I have W204 with M271 and I am using Fuchs oil is well 5W-30 as I am not pushing hard and this is the oil car was filled during services in Cork, Ireland. When you will see spec sheet of that oil and compare it to other makes you might be surprised how good it is comparing the other once and price is well.

I would recommend Fuchs oils. I am using it since few good years. My older W203 with M111 non kompressor engine done 300 000KM with oil change interval of 10 000km since 120 000km. We had a car for about 9 years and still si going strong never let me down apart of the fuel pump which went dead. Currently I have W204 with M271 and I am using Fuchs oil is well 5W-30 as I am not pushing hard and this is the oil car was filled during services in Cork, Ireland. When you will see spec sheet of that oil and compare it to other makes you might be surprised how good it is comparing the other once and price is well.

+1 for Fuchs oils, I used them on my previous car (a 2007 Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI) for both engine, transmission and differentials. Same oil I'm using for my 2013 S204 C250 CDI 4Matic with engine oil changes every 12.500km. The one I'm using is the FUCHS TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30.

I use the same one :-D For our auto boxes I think Fuchs is the original manafacturer same for diff etc. Somebody told me that original MB oil is amde by Fuchs is well.

Oil spec for E270 CDI

Hi,

Is this engine oil (see attached pics) as per spec for my E270 CDI 2003 model? Current mileage is 170k (km).

If this is the correct oil to use, what should be the oil change interval?

I was using Mobil1 Delvac 5w40 and was thinking of changing to Fuchs?

Suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 22
Is Petronas Syntium 5000 XS ok with my DPF?

Ha! Thanks, sounds like a definite maybe then!

Hope I'm posting this in the right place, apologies if not.

I'm currently in Italy with my 2005 w211 e220 cdi (no dpf). It was service time 600 miles ago. I thought I might sneak it home where I have some mb 228.51 spec 10w/40 fully synth mb oil waiting. Proper job.

However, it was getting noisey. And damn it, they have oil in Italy. So I took it to a local Bosch service shop. They'd already done a good job on fixing a slow flat for me.

They convinced me to use castrol gtx ultraclean 10w/40. The car's got 320,000 miles on the clock and it had a 10w/40 fully synth in it already (old engine = thicker oil, right?, and the other option was edge 0w/30).

What was lost in translation (and without mobile signal) is that gtx ultraclean is a semi synthetic ('synthetic technology' in castrol's weasel words) at a lowly 229.1 mb spec.

My owners' manual specifies 228/9.3 and up.

It seems to be running OK. Perhaps a little hotter than usual but still only just over 80. Oil level yesterday read 6.3. Today 5.7. No obvious leaks on the floor or in the trays.

Have I done a booboo? Should I whip it out right now? Will I make it home to put the proper stuff in?

Manufacturer recommended OIL specification other than its viscosity range and the DPF ash trap, is often related to their recommended service interval. My guess would be that its fine to run it home on the Castrol ultraclean 10w40 [ Don't you just adore marketing speak!] and its already in there anyway. Only precaution would be to observe a much shorter oil change interval. Just keep an eye on your gauges when hammering back home along the autoroutes! In the end your car your decision??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom