Which Mini to Buy 2004 -2010 Any Experts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
My Daughter wants a mini I ve already told her that they are not very reliable and best bet is a fiesta, but the mini is such a trendy car i can see why she wants what she wants . Me being the family car person has now got to find one
Budget is up to £5k .
She does about 2-3k a year mostly 4-5ml journeys to work
My Logic based on some internet research reckons 2004 -2006 first generation petrol as 2004 brought in various reliability changes inc gearbox's
Generation 2 from 2007 are infinitely more complex stop start etc cam sensors etc and the write your engine off timing chain issue .
Petrol -short journeys and less expensive to replace injectors etc
Manual
shes not a fast lady so no need for a cooper s or JCW even a cooper could be a bit harsh for her waiting to try one .

Can Anyone add anything to the above I know they do have issues with Crank Seals Power steering Pumps and ABS wiring / turrets and rear bushes but are less likely to need a dealer diagnosis than a generation 2 c I'm told they are easy to repair maintain if your handy with a spanner

oh and I will be the one servicing repairing it when required:eek:
Anyone chip in with any other advice or experience .
Thanks Boyd

I would just do a lease deal via first vehicle leasing or the like. £500 down and £190 a month over 3. years with 10,000 miles a year for a brand new Mini 1.5 cooper with no worries of running costs as its all warranted etc.

If not my Policewoman friend is selling her Cream Cooper for £4500 with 75k on

Sent from my iPhone

Funnily enough cream is the colour she wants where are you and what year is it PM me some details Thanks

9cc3f5d17a14628cbb93f0ef67cee5be.jpg

96809402adfc4ff9726999eb87afc911.jpg

I can vouch for car, its immaculate, its the diesel 1.6

Sent from my iPhone

car based in Pembrokeshire Wales.

Sent from my iPhone

The R56 (2nd Gen) is in many respects a nicer car than the R53 (1st Gen). For example, if your daughter will be driving much on unlit roads at night then the wobbly headlights that are mounted on the bonnet of the R53 will irritate (the R56 has them mounted rigidly on the body).

Spec's vary wildly depending upon which options were ticked on the order sheet. Chilli Pack (and to a lesser extent Pepper Pack) add to desirability and value. Don't ask me what's in either coz I've forgotten as it was 8 years ago when my wife bought a new R56 Cooper S!

Avoid anything on 17" runflats if it has the Sports suspension option. I made that mistake when we spec'd my wife's car and it could knock your spine out just crossing a cat's eye. 17" runflats are borderline OK without the Sport suspension, but the best compromise for ride, grip and handling is on the less fashionable 16's.

Personally, unless your daughter really, really wants a Cooper S - which is great fun, BTW - I'd go for a One on 16" wheels with some nice options.

There was. Very mild facelift in June 2010, most changes were interior - if you can get one of those then you will be getting the improvements.

Solid little cars in accidents - good place for your loved ones to be in.

S

Hi,

I have a grey mini one for sale, pm me for details if you want? FYI...it is an 09 plate.

The facelift mini from 2007 is a really nice car with the chilli pack. They are hot on the market too and sell really well. However, they dont have the best reliability, look if the timing chain has been changed, its common for them to slip and rattle.

Forgot to add, it costed me to get a 2007 mini automatic chilli full specced out model with 70k 1.6 for £3k

Make sure it's got air con.

My mrs has a 57 without AC and it's unbearable in summer, way hotter than any other non-AC car I've been in, the cold air blowers tend to blow slightly warm air as it's heated a bit by the compact engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom