Which products for Calcite white?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfoster

Car
W212 E350, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, W201 190e, 2019 Volvo V90 R Design, Mk5 Golf Gti
As above what polish / waxing products would you recommend for my C63 which is Calcite White?

When I had my white DC5 integra I used Jeffs Workstat products which I was very pleased with, however they bottles are probably 5 or 6 years old now and not a lot left in them. With products ever evolving I wondered what the norm is to use with white? I have some very light swirls on the paint, so was aiming to clay, then use 'said' products to remove the swirls, then a decent wax. I have a Megs DA to use as well so any help with what course pad would be great!

Thanks

My process would be:
1. Power wash rinse down.
2. Snow foam car -leave to dwell. Do wheels why snow foam is on.
3. Wash car, 2 bucket and lambs wool mitt.
4. Rinse.
5. Foam car again this time with a strong de-greaser to remove all traces of wax.
6. Clay paintwork.
7. Optional - spray car with Iron X or similar.
8 Final rinse down and dry.

Polishing.
1. Mask off all trim with 3M blue masking tape.
2. I like Menzerna polish to use with DA or Rotary as its not as dusty as 3m machine polish. Dont use a coarse grade polish with the Megs DA. Menzerna medium cut 2200 or IP 2100 is great for removing swirls. Then for finishing down use Menzerna Super final final finish.
3. Pads - as with machine polishes there is a huge selection. I like to use Sonus pads on the DA, my preference. White pad for light swirls. Black, red or Blue pad for final finishing. Green or orange pad only for coarse polish, but there is nothing stopping you using a coarse pad and medium cut polish.
Which ever range you go for it will explain pad colour / cut use.

Waxing.
1. Remove all masking tape.
2. You can now either wash and de-grease car once more to remove all traces of polish residue, my preference. Or jump to stage 3?
3. Using 100% Isopropanyl Alcohol - wipe all paintwork down x 2, again to remove all grease or polish residue.
4. Now its up to you what or which way to wax. If you like Jeffs Werkstatt then stick to them. For calcite white i would stick to synthetic waxes, my preference again.

Please post pics when finished ???

I've used Poorboys White Diamond + Poorboys Ex-P on my previous coupe which was Calcite white, nice finish.

Carlack Arcrylic looks very good with white, build up the layers and it really shines. You can stick a wax over it too if you want.

CleanYourCar.co.uk ? View topic - white car - what to use after carlack NSC and sealant?

5054572257_0937581f01_b.jpg

Also if you have the Megs DA use their 105 ultra cut compound with an orange pad as that combo will remove pretty much anything. I like to use the megs MF pads and their 205 ultra finishing polish.

Excellent cheers for the advice guys

J Lad - thanks for that very helpful, I do have a snowfoam lance (forgot I had one!) so will do the same process you suggest. Where do you buy the Menzerna products from? Is it cheaper in the US? (I go out there soon...)

Thanks

Menzerna is a German polish, developed for hard ceramic clear coats as used on Merc, Audi etc.
Be carefull buying in the US as you can get clobbered with import tax etc.
Price wise, everybody is much the same in the UK, but you cannot really go wrong with Tim at Cleanyourcar in Huddersfield - Yorkshire.
If you are not planning on doing a lot of machine polishing then get the 250ml bottles, the large 1ltr bottles are quite dear at £28 +.
3M Ultrafina is expensive but very good at reducing or eliminating holograms when polishing, simply add a small amount to the other polish on your cutting pad.

Great thank you!! I travel to the US so it will be in my case on the way home so no import tax! A friend of mine has some Menzerna in his garage, he thinks he has a enough for one car so even more of a bonus! Are there different grades etc of the polish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom