Which shim pads on aftermarket suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
I'm a little bit confused right now I've had my heart set on a H&R suspension set up for a while now however the only reason I'm delaying purchase is due to not understanding what shim pads are required in order to achieve the 60mm drop.

The reason I need to know this is as it is is only worth me buying the kit if it will drops the car 60mm when using #1 (5mm) shims. This would then allow me to raise the car anywhere from 60mm to around 40mm depending on where I'm conformable just by changing shim pads.

eBay Link to lowering kit

I've contacted the seller twice and didn't get s reply. Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

I've contacted the seller twice and didn't get s reply. Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

It certainly isn't the MB dealer who is likely to know. H&R may be able to advise you if they know the exact specification from your VIN. Does H&R publish a points systems like MB from which you can select the appropriate springs?

A random choice of springs could bring about a drop that's much more or less than you are expecting. Also bear in mind (this for W124s not 100% certain about others) that each 5mm increase in spring shim thickness gives almost 10 mm increase in ride height.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom