Which wiper blade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

knight4728

My front wiper blade on my CLK Cab 208 needs replacing. I've seen a Bosch one on eBay for just £12. Anyone know if this will be ok or is it best to go to MB dealer, not sure how much they are yet there.

If this is the Bosch 24 inch jobber? If so just make sure it is an SP24MB as it has a special locking mechanism for the arm disimilar from standard 24 inch bosch blades (Its standard arm width but has a special click retainer)

I was just recently looking at what was available for my own W210 (SP25MB but only the one blade) and I have been down the route of looking for alternatives but ended up with the Bosch Plus. I am happy with the quality.

Thats about right for the price, watch the postage. If you did not want to wait for the post, then GSF autoparts will come in about that, if not better. Try them if you if you have one locally and quote Mercedes Benz owners club discount when you buy for the extra few pence off. :thumb:

My front wiper blade on my CLK Cab 208 needs replacing. I've seen a Bosch one on eBay for just £12. Anyone know if this will be ok or is it best to go to MB dealer, not sure how much they are yet there.

You can get them cheaper than that, unbranded, but perfect.

I think 24 inch should allow you to fit some 'refills' (Rubber Blade bit only) if the arm was ok. That I would imagine trumps even the cheapest complete no-make wiper purchase. Tesco I think sell the refills in a pair (hopefully long enough) cut them to length and refurb your own.. dont laff. we men have to look at some thing on the shelves while the foods being purchased.:(

Bought original MBs for the Merc, they are made by Valeo / SWF, and are quite good.

Bought Bosch for my other car (they were reasonable-priced from Amazon) and they are also good....

HTH.

Thank you all for such a fast response!
SJX thanks for that part number I just ordered from Euro Car Parts for £10 and collect tomorrow. (you just type in your reg number then voila!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom