Who knew this was "a thing"? (Shirt stays)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
Well, I was mootling about on ebay, considering whether to buy a raincover in a bauble (if you don't know what it is I won't bore you, but it says Mercedes Petronas AMG on it) and I looked down where it says "others who looked at this also viewed..." and saw this:

Pair Men's Shirt Stays Holders Elastic Garter with Non-slip Locking Clamps New | eBay

Surely not? Can you imagine the line it would put in the trousers of the seated, erm, gentleman?

Would think it's as close as a chap could get to wearing a suspender belt and have the slightest chance of not being classed a wierdo!...I just cant bear it when my shirt rides up! Ye whatever! Be interesting to see if anyone on here own's up to owning this!....

Tony.

Would think it's as close as a chap could get to wearing a suspender belt and have the slightest chance of not being classed a wierdo!...I just cant bear it when my shirt rides up! Ye whatever! Be interesting to see if anyone on here own's up to owning this!....

Tony.

There was a time when a decent pair of trousers had a shirt retainer. A sort of elasticated narrow band inside the waist. Maybe some still do.

I tend to buy longer shirts that stay in place, the downside is that the sleeves are exceedingly long. I did try arm bands but they were too tight.

I understand that there is a similar arrangement designed to keep socks up.

Well, I was mootling about on ebay, considering whether to buy a raincover in a bauble (if you don't know what it is I won't bore you, but it says Mercedes Petronas AMG on it) and I looked down where it says "others who looked at this also viewed..." and saw this:

Pair Men's Shirt Stays Holders Elastic Garter with Non-slip Locking Clamps New | eBay

Surely not? Can you imagine the line it would put in the trousers of the seated, erm, gentleman?

OK, you got me.

I moonlight as a model for eBay.

In the people also looked for this at the bottom there is a shirt and sock combo retainer lol.

Tony.

I hope you realise we're all going to be looking at blokes with a perfecty tucked in shirt in a different light now Lisa !

The trouble with longer shirts is that when you sit down and on the shirt you can't easily move. I ripped a good shirt the other day by tugging at it seated. Maybe I ought to buy quality MB shirts!!

In the people also looked for this at the bottom there is a shirt and sock combo retainer lol.

Tony.

Surely you can save money by simply using a luggage strap that hooks the top of your sock to the bottom of the shirt?

I have realised over the years, on good quality shirts the bottom button (the one with the sideways buttonhole) is not a good idea.

The amount of fumbling required to undo it can leave the wearer looking like the loser in a balloon water fight.

Well that is something I've never seen in my life, how bizarre.

Don't get me wrong, I hate my shirt coming untucked and the reason I don't buy fitted shirts is that they always lift up at the sides if you move your arm up more than an inch!!!

Those look like some kind of office gimp set up. Very strange.

Glad you all (barring Mark, who I now look upon in a different light) agree this is not a good look!

Having said that, we have a youngish (30s) chap in our office who arrives at work with his shirt mostly tucked in but it inevitably escapes during the course of the day. Having said that, he drives a CLS...

I dont think i have tucked my shirt in since the 80's:dk:

Tony.

Double sided carpet tape is all you need! Wrap around your waist and then stick your shirt to it. As long as it's bellow your waistband it looks fine. :)

What's wrong with opening your flies reaching in and pulling down each side of your shirt...works a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom