Who reads Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine?

When did you last buy Mercedes Enthusiast magazine?

• I subscribe.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • I've bought it at least once this year.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I've occassionally bought it.

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • I've never bought it.

Votes: 28 36.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Having discovered in my other thread http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/148315-mercedes-enthusiast-photoshoot.html
that not many newsagents seem to stock Mercedes Enthusiast and therefore not many people had read "my" article, I wondered how many of our 75000 members buy the Magazine. On the surface you would think that most members would buy it but it doesn't seem to be the case.

So a simple poll!

I used to buy it for a few years on the row but lost interest a while ago

Lot of repetition.... I subscribe just for a flick through buts its not as good a read as the Mercedes Club Gazette.

My subscription has become a repeat Christmas present from my younger daughter........as Jay the very best MB magazine is the Gazette.

Mic

same as others - used to buy it until the repetitions.

I only buy two magazines - Classic Bus, and the Automobile.

Having watched the same articles come and go every few years, I decided to ignore all the others, at least these two show some originality, if you're interested in something completely off the mainstream.

Last edited:
I subscribe to ME but prefer the Club Gazette.........

Like others,subscribed for a couple of years and bought the odd copy outside of that. There's only so much stuff that can be written (that might be of interest to me) and invariably, if you've had that many issues it ends up getting samey. With the multitude of MB forums on the web and with the web in general there is greater opportunity and more variety in terms of finding things that interest me, and all at no cost.

Used to buy the odd issue when it had something of particular interest (quick scan through in WHSmith if passing), then was given it as a gift/subscription for a couple of years - not any more though.

It's ok, but as said too much repetition.

But then again, how many people buy that many magazines of any type these days - online stuff is clearly taking the lead.

As said, Gazette is pretty good and VFM when you consider it's a freebie for the membership to the club. I like the posted-from-germany MB Classic chunky magazines and the odd book etc that arrive now and then too :)

I used to buy it years ago , but got tired of it and haven't bothered in a while .

I really like the Classic Mercedes magazine that comes every quarter from the Club, produced by Germans there are some really interesting articles, the best being the classic trucks and buses as they are just not seen in the UK.

I had a subscription for years. Still got 'em all too. Gave it up this year. Just got bored with it. Always the same old stuff, nothing new or innovative in it's presentation for years.

As I said in the other thread, I stopped subscribing some years ago. No real in-depth critical reviews.

Indeed, any sort of criticism of a particular model only seemed to be made within the effusive review of its successor.

And the letters page...:doh:

BTW , I never ticked any of the boxes since there wasn't one for the majority of us who bought it years ago but no longer do .

Hmm so far 65% of those who responded have never bought or only occasionally bought Mercedes Enthusiast! I am quite surprised.

As a new member, I started to take interest when I bought my R107. I now subscribe but can understand repeats as there is only so much material to be extracted from a one marque mag. However, I do find it interesting, but then, ask me again a couple of years.
Anyway, at my age, I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone what I read last year, so it's all new to me.
Paul

Purchased intermittently due to not being readily available and/or it can be repetitive if bought regularly.

BTW , I never ticked any of the boxes since there wasn't one for the majority of us who bought it years ago but no longer do .

Me too, but still read it every month because a friend passes it to me, it's now just flick through!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom